Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your foot while on autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been having some trouble figuring out where to put my right foot when I drive on autopilot. I don’t like putting it flat on the floor because I worry about how it might affect my reaction time, although that seems to be where it ends up. I’m really wanting a little bump on the wall on the right side of the pedal area that would be just big enough to rest my foot.... but alas, there is nothing there.

My question to you all is where do you put your right foot when driving on autopilot?

I’ve been having some trouble figuring out where to put my right foot when I drive on autopilot. I don’t like putting it flat on the floor because I worry about how it might affect my reaction time, although that seems to be where it ends up. I’m really wanting a little bump on the wall on the right side of the pedal area that would be just big enough to rest my foot.... but alas, there is nothing there.

My question to you all is where do you put your right foot when driving on autopilot?

I rest my foot on the right side of the footwell. From there it's easy to press the accelerator or hit the brake.

Depends on the driving conditions. Rural Interstate without much traffic I sit however is comfortable but in a position to react. With oncoming traffic, foot near the brake. If somebody is behind me, then foot near the accelerator ready to compensate for phantom braking.

For me, AP relaxes the brain and the eyes because I don't have to keep between the lines. AP1 does this. If I want to nap while traveling, I'll fly.

• Funny
Reactions: BlueRocket
Depends on the driving conditions. Rural Interstate without much traffic I sit however is comfortable but in a position to react. With oncoming traffic, foot near the brake. If somebody is behind me, then foot near the accelerator ready to compensate for phantom braking.

This. It all depends on conditions. If no traffic, then relaxed. If situation in front (like slowing down) then hover brake. If situation behind (like cars following me while approaching an intersection where someone might turn left in front of me or right out of my lane) then hover accelerator to accelerate when aeb kicks in.

Reactions: BlueRocket