Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your sunglasses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just chunk 'em in the open port where the USB ports are - they are already so scratched up it hardly will make it worse.

But here's another question: where do you put your umbrella? With the car, Tesla gave me a very nice Tesla-logoed umbrella, but it won't go anywhere other than wedging it between the seat and console.

Umbrella? I one up people who spend $150 on a cubby box by paying ludicrous amounts more to live where it doesn't rain. :D (but we'll all either die in an earthquake or drought)

• Funny
Reactions: Tech_Guy
Umbrella? I one up people who spend $150 on a cubby box by paying ludicrous amounts more to live where it doesn't rain. :D (but we'll all either die in an earthquake or drought)

At least the umbrella was free / part of the delivery gift bag, though I agree in SoCal you almost never need it I keep mine in the frunk...

Model s doesn't have a door pocket
Well, technically it does. Unfortunately, it's a bit small.

VSwxiIh.jpg

At least the umbrella was free / part of the delivery gift bag, though I agree in SoCal you almost never need it I keep mine in the frunk...

Lucky us! I laughed when I got the umbrella at delivery, tossed it in the trunk and then, boom, we have record rains this past winter and I'm saying thank you thank you thank you Tesla. It's now back in the trunk for 5 years or so. :D

Edit: sunglasses sleep in Norm's cubbies.

I usually put my sunglasses on the driver's head, which is a conveniently out of the way location that won't usually allow the glasses to slip out under acceleration or result in mishaps when grabbing the door pocket/handle.

(Someone had to say it.. :p )

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
For decades, I have always tucked my sunglasses up above the sun visor. No matter what car I've owned, it seems to fit there quite nicely. Its always there, and its always within reach.
However, this may not work if you are not the only driver.

There have been times that my better half has swiped my car, and driving along, she will pull the sun visor down.

(Cue the scene from "Alien." as a foreign object leaps upon my hapless wife from its perch above)
EEK!

My sunglasses end up on the floor, and stand a good chance of getting stomped on for good measure.

-- Ardie

Last edited:
Really like the idea of that clip that fits under the center speaker above the mirror. I'll probably get one of those for my wife's shades when she drives our Model S.

As for me, I learned to use wrap-around safety glass-type sunglasses when I did a year as an electrical apprentice. Being safety 'glass', they don't easily scratch. Best of all, they come in several bi-focal strengths (yes, I'm that old). When they're not on my face, I hang these around my neck with 'croakies'.

Really like the idea of that clip that fits under the center speaker above the mirror. I'll probably get one of those for my wife's shades when she drives our Model S.

As for me, I learned to use wrap-around safety glass-type sunglasses when I did a year as an electrical apprentice. Being safety 'glass', they don't easily scratch. Best of all, they come in several bi-focal strengths (yes, I'm that old). When they're not on my face, I hang these around my neck with 'croakies'.

What clip? I'd like to possibly get one of those also.