Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your sunglasses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is literally the perfect spot, or at least what I use also! All the cubby solutions just seem like a bit too much.

I just chunk 'em in the open port where the USB ports are - they are already so scratched up it hardly will make it worse.

But here's another question: where do you put your umbrella? With the car, Tesla gave me a very nice Tesla-logoed umbrella, but it won't go anywhere other than wedging it between the seat and console.

I found that the umbrella (at least the Tesla branded one) slides nicely between the passenger seat and the center console on the floor. Easy to access if it starts to rain on a drive.

Lucky us! I laughed when I got the umbrella at delivery, tossed it in the trunk and then, boom, we have record rains this past winter and I'm saying thank you thank you thank you Tesla. It's now back in the trunk for 5 years or so. :D

Edit: sunglasses sleep in Norm's cubbies.
Weird. They give umbrellas to folks in Los Angeles, but none to thrice buyers in Seattle? /confused

Took an elderly couple out to dinner last night. The Falcon wing doors made their getting in and out so easy, I doubt they will call them ridiculous. They had some health issues, and getting in and out of normal back seat doors would have been very difficult for them.

Also super easy to install child seats and offer weather protection when it is raining or snowing.

The puddle lights they contain also lets people see what they are stepping into, or illuminating an unexpected curb.

They are mostly fantastic, but also novel.

I found that the umbrella (at least the Tesla branded one) slides nicely between the passenger seat and the center console on the floor. Easy to access if it starts to rain on a drive.

I also got the Tesla logo compact umbrella in my swag bag at delivery, and found the spot I think Tesla intended for it: the left side of the glovebox. The compartment has a well there that is the perfect depth and width to hold the umbrella with the handle facing out...and within reach of the driver - perfect!