Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you sell your wheels? (If you ever have or would)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model Y Performance and I’m interested in selling my 21” Uberturbines, with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires, and original pressure sensors, all with less than 4,000 km on them, and I live not too far outside of Toronto (a bit north right now but I’m all over the GTA anyway so I don’t mind driving to meet someone). If you were in my shoes, how would you go about finding a buyer and getting a fair price from a safe transaction? Any websites you could recommend, or businesses which could maybe help me with this, would be welcome information.

Attachments

• 3DEE86A0-9836-46D2-BAB5-D06D5D28192E.jpeg
    3DEE86A0-9836-46D2-BAB5-D06D5D28192E.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 219
One option is to contact some of the nearby Tesla owners groups…we have two within 100 miles of me and I belong to both. One of them “owns” a couple of spare wheels and mounted tires that they loan out to any member who wants to take a spare with them on a trip. This is an incredible convenience especially in the US where AAA only tows or changes a tire obviously requiring a spare to do so. Yes, it takes up a lot of room but for our trips that’s manageable. And I don’t have to try to patch something on the side of a highway at night…in the rain…with hail…and an unhappy dog and passenger.

The club was contacted by someone trying to do what you’re doing: sell a set of wheels and tires. The seller found it hard to sell the set at a price they wanted, but was able to sell the set more easily one tire at a time to various clubs. Win win.

Upvote 0
Sold some 20" inductions complete with tires and TPMS on here no problem. It was the best option for me as I detest paying eBay extortion fees and Craigslist is filled with too many bottom feeders, tire kickers, scammers, and weirdos in general. Don't even get me started with Facebook marketplace... anything tied to Zuckerberg is lost on me.

Upvote 0