Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you store your sunglasses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In most new vehicles, there is a convenient compartment for storing your sunglasses, located on the ceiling just above the rear view mirror. Due to the giant windshield, no such compartment exists on a Model X. I wear prescription glasses, and have prescription sunglasses, and I switch between them when getting in and out of the car. Where is the best place to keep your glasses in an X? I'm always concerned about them getting tossed around, scratched, or lost if they are not in a consistent and secure location.

I keep my sunglasses in that little slot under the 17" display. However, when my new integrated center console finally arrives, I plan on keeping them under the hatch in the console. Hope this helps?

BTW, on fast launches, the sunglass can can and will fall out of the slot.... a feature of the P90DL.

I put them in the triangle on either side created by the cup holders in the center console. There is a soft fabric on the outer flat edge that hasn't caused any scratches to my lenses. If you have large frame glasses obviously this spot wouldn't work. Good news is that they wont come out during a launch.

I put them in one of the cupholders in the center console (in the case). I'd prefer to put them elsewhere, but like others noted, the little area underneath the screen doesn't have a big enough lip, so they fly out of there, and I put my phone and garage transponder for work where the USB cables are. Wish the "blind holstering" worked with a case, but that's a different thread...