TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where do you think Enfield Supercharger will be?

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Mr. PlugShare, May 30, 2018.

?

As per the title

1. HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Somewhere in Canada

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

As per @TooManyAirMiles ’ post
    True story. He also mentioned that his company also has a contract to install them in Enfield at the Irving at the airport.
    @BlueShift to put under permit status.
    46-48 Bell Blvd, Goffs, NS B2T 1K2

• Like x 3
  2. Mr. PlugShare

Location on map CB20A720-9D12-4BD4-8C16-B85C9543D5B6.jpeg

• Informative x 4
  3. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

I’m gonna head out tonite and see if I can find out if it’s this station, or the Big Stop one exit from there.

• Like x 1
  4. GoodCheer

GoodCheer Member

I understand (from someone who should know) that the Enfield location will be at Exit 7 (at or near the Irving BigStop) rather than at the airport.
    ... but I may have misunderstood. The airport Irving would be a good choice too.

• Informative x 1
  5. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Went to both sites, neither one has any hints of incoming construction, so it could still be either station. I’ll check again in a few weeks.

• Informative x 2
  6. comeaujo

comeaujo Member

Regardless which location it is this guy called it May 1 even before Tesla moved the map pin. Tesla Owners Group Of Nova Scotia Facebook group. Kudos Christian!
    upload_2018-5-31_16-49-28.png

7. Mr. PlugShare

That’s vague as heck!

• Like x 1
  8. TooManyAirMiles

True! I should have asked more specifically. Frankly I was shocked at the coincidence of it all, me being just happened to be there at THE time and place that he was breaking ground at Aulac. I mean what are the odds? I should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

My impression was that it was actually at the one at the airport Irving, but it may indeed be the one at Exit 7. At the time I wasn't aware there were 2 of them so near to each other.

Another tidbit discussed. I asked whether they were ALL being planned to go into Irvings (i.e. that Tesla had made a contract to put them all at Irving Stations. The answer was no, that several are going into Sobey's lots. That surprised me, then he said that Sobeys had a relationship that related to money off for "gas" when you shop at Sobey's and this was an extension of that concept - to attract people.

That was my understanding of it at least. We shall see. The BIG news is that finally chargers are coming!!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. TooManyAirMiles

:D

10. comeaujo

comeaujo Member

You were definitely in the right place at the right time!

I wasn't aware there was a nice Irving at the Airport either. I'm rarely there and usually in a rush I honestly thought there was still a crappy Petro Canada in that location o_O

Did you get any indication on the number of stalls they'll be setting up? I'd love to see 8 but I I'd still be happy with 6. 8 would mean 4 cars can charge at peak kWh simultaneously and 6 would mean only 3, is that correct? Chance of 3 Tesla's at the same spot at the same time in the Maritimes are probably going to be slim for at least a few more years I'd think, except maybe during summer travel season. Plus these locations are far enough from population centers they'll likely see very little daily local charging.

11. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

#11 ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Get shopping people! Woodstock, St John West/St John, Fredericton/Oromocto, Moncton all have Sobeys close enough to the TCH.

12. Mr. PlugShare

13. GoodCheer

GoodCheer Member

There had been some talk of an electric taxi fleet, a-la Teo Taxi in Montreal, specifically focusing on the airport run due to some weird legacy taxi monopoly regulations we have. I lost track of that discussion, but it would be cool if it were moving forward, and would make the airport the logical place for the SC.
    (I'm not such a huge fan of the back seat of a Model S, but an X taxi would be wonderful.)

• Like x 1
  14. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

It used to be, then it went Esso, now back to Irving again.
    TBH I hope it isn’t the airport Irving, it’s too small even if it does have a Subway in it. The Big Stop at exit 7 has BK plus their own restaurant, dog park and a TONNE of room.

Aren’t Irving and Sobeys both owned by the same family now? I thought that had happened a few years back.

15. comeaujo

comeaujo Member

I'd be down with a Model X airport taxi fleet. Not that I'd use it much but it would do wonders promoting EV's in the Maritimes.

16. comeaujo

comeaujo Member

Not sure if they are joined like that but between the 2 of them they call the shots in the Maritimes ;) so it's no surprise they would want to get in early on the EV revolution.

17. Mr. PlugShare

I was thinking that when the contractor for the Aulac Supercharger Stated that Enfield would be at the airport, I think it was a mistake to say that it was at the airport but ok. I was just wondering as to where you guys would think the Superchargers should be and as to where you think you should look.

18. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Your question kinda sounds like, "When was the war of 1812?"

19. Mr. PlugShare

Oh, oh I know! 1812!

20. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Aulac is at a Big Stop, so my money is on it being a franchise agreement.