Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, NS

As per the title

• HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Somewhere in Canada

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I going to say the Big Stop because that's in Enfield, NS and the airport one is Goffs, NS. Maybe since it's close enough the contractor thought of it as being at the airport.

However, there was a remark about the airport gas station changing hands. Maybe they want to help give it more custom.

It's in the first post of the thread that you created ... Supercharger - Enfield, NS

I haven't really seen any concrete evidence to suggest this is wrong?

This thread should probably be merged with that one..
Yes, Mr. Plugshare, please help improve the signal to noise ratio in this forum by not starting superfluous threads.

Also, the darkhorse possibility of Enfield, Ireland was not offered!

Reactions: rypalmer
Stopped by the Irving at the airport in Enfield. There is an un-paved gravel area with some large white lines—could just be test painting—near a very new looking green transformer and pad with room to grow. This is not SC construction but maybe preparations. Supercharge.info has a blue dot; is there a permit?

Ok, reference pic time. This post has the pictures from the Irving near the airport.
Not much in the way of facilities, but a lotta space.
For the record, painted line in the gravel has been there for a year or two: it was put in as a traffic route while they were working on the in and out routes, which they’re STILL not done with.
3B15F6A1-93FF-4C88-89ED-65272C455984.jpeg E551B48D-E896-4E59-ACF9-EFCD091F3792.jpeg 4CC9A82A-2874-4A60-B4C1-CF53617690A2.jpeg 67DE698C-DC10-41B4-9844-66A67EE42814.jpeg 5C78490A-1BE5-4675-8E12-FF825CBDACE0.jpeg

This is a panoramic view from the Irving Big Stop that’s one exit away from the airport.
Has even more space, and more facilities than the other site.
Currently, there’s no indications of prep work being done at either location, so we’re still in a holding pattern.
7F46BC3F-6B06-443F-8691-FF7BBEAFD6A6.jpeg 12F902DA-F191-4D08-903B-83A5F3A9CD0C.jpeg 84BBBA53-491B-4626-A228-439DB197ED49.jpeg 5C470B7C-C660-440E-A8BE-6600B295E541.jpeg B21F3D90-8DA3-4CCD-90B2-87A0D1A75E8B.jpeg

Chance of 3 Tesla's at the same spot at the same time in the Maritimes are probably going to be slim for at least a few more years I'd think, except maybe during summer travel season. Plus these locations are far enough from population centers they'll likely see very little daily local charging.

I just got back from a week in Moncton, and was there a few weeks before that. (I flew both times, sadly.)

After the flood of Model 3s arriving recently in Toronto (I saw 10 on the roads in a week!), and the general ubiquity of Model S and Xs in Toronto, it is... discouraging to say the least to visit a place like Moncton where electric cars are very rare. I didn't see a Tesla even once during the times I was there. I'm not sure I've ever seen a local Tesla in Moncton.

I know there are a few owners in the Maritimes, but either through lack of education, lack of supercharging, or lack of wealth, I think it will be a long time before we see significant Tesla ownership in the Maritimes.

The GTA has about 5.5 million people. There was reportedly a shipment of 1,000 Model 3s alone in the past few months to the GTA. Let's be conservative and say there are only 1,000 Teslas of all varieties in the GTA (even though I'd wager there are probably 2x that amount of all Tesla models in the GTA, if there are 1,000 Model 3s). That's 1 Tesla per 5,500 people.

There are about 1.8 million people in the Maritimes (not the Atlantic provinces--we'll leave NFLD out of this for geographic reasons).

If there were 1 Tesla for every 5,500 people in the Maritimes, there would be 327 Tesla owners there. I don't think you could drive around Halifax or Moncton without seeing some of them, if that was the ownership rate.

I think I saw one (other than me) in Halifax once but it was not local. I know there are a few owners south of Halifax. Someone posts here with a username Moncton S85 so...

But Presumably the HRM, with a population of about 415,000, should have 75 Teslas if it were tracking GTA ownership rates. Moncton, with a population of about 70,000 should have 12 or 13.

Could Moncton have 12 or 13 Tesla owners and I just missed them all being there for weeks at a time? Maybe.

Could Halifax have 75 Tesla owners and I've never seen a local one there? Less likely.

This is all just a very long winded prologue to me pointing out that, sadly, I think that the superchargers planned in the Maritimes are for:

1. enabling visitors to the Maritimes

2. PR (so Tesla can say they have electrified another country, coast to coast, and can ease potential buyers' range anxiety by removing another limit to where they can vacation, whether they ever plan to go there or not) and

3. encouraging people in the Maritimes to buy Teslas

in that order.

If Tesla was basing supercharger build decisions on potential sales in the Maritimes, I predict we would not see superchargers there in any predictable time frame.

I think we will never see local charging at the chargers planned in the Enfield area.

I think the chance of more than 3 or 4 people--even travellers--hitting these charges simultaneously is quite low and will likely only happen occasionally.

I doubt 8 chargers are needed.

Last edited:
I think the chance of more than 3 or 4 people--even travellers--hitting these charges simultaneously is quite low and will likely only happen occasionally.

I doubt 8 chargers are needed.

P.S. I'm going to use every supercharger that Tesla builds on my ways in and out of the Maritimes, just in case they refer to usage stats to make future decisions. And because it still makes me giddy every time I use a new supercharger. :)

Reactions: comeaujo
P.S. I'm going to use every supercharger that Tesla builds on my ways in and out of the Maritimes, just in case they refer to usage stats to make future decisions. And because it still makes me giddy every time I use a new supercharger. :)

KrisS posted some useful numbers on the number of Tesla's in Atlantic Canada a short while back. These numbers make sense to me. They are out there but rarely seen. I'm also not sure if these numbers include CPO's (which I bought) and they certainly wouldn't have included Model 3's yet so I'm confident we are approaching 60 Tesla's on the east coast, best case scenario maybe 100 by the end of 2018 if AWD Model 3's start rolling out here??? Still minuscule numbers compared to Ontario and Quebec.

Electric Vehicle Sales In Canada, 2017 according to FleetCarma, 34 Model S's and 3 model X's have been sold in NS, 7 Model S's and 2 Model X's In NB, 2 Model S's in PEI and 1 Model S and 2 Model X's in NL from 2011 to end of 2017.