Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, NS

As per the title

• HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Somewhere in Canada

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Location on map
CB20A720-9D12-4BD4-8C16-B85C9543D5B6.jpeg

True! I should have asked more specifically. Frankly I was shocked at the coincidence of it all, me being just happened to be there at THE time and place that he was breaking ground at Aulac. I mean what are the odds? I should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

My impression was that it was actually at the one at the airport Irving, but it may indeed be the one at Exit 7. At the time I wasn't aware there were 2 of them so near to each other.

Another tidbit discussed. I asked whether they were ALL being planned to go into Irvings (i.e. that Tesla had made a contract to put them all at Irving Stations. The answer was no, that several are going into Sobey's lots. That surprised me, then he said that Sobeys had a relationship that related to money off for "gas" when you shop at Sobey's and this was an extension of that concept - to attract people.

That was my understanding of it at least. We shall see. The BIG news is that finally chargers are coming!!

True! I should have asked more specifically. Frankly I was shocked at the coincidence of it all, me being just happened to be there at THE time and place that he was breaking ground at Aulac. I mean what are the odds? I should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

My impression was that it was actually at the one at the airport Irving, but it may indeed be the one at Exit 7. At the time I wasn't aware there were 2 of them so near to each other.

Another tidbit discussed. I asked whether they were ALL being planned to go into Irvings (i.e. that Tesla had made a contract to put them all at Irving Stations. The answer was no, that several are going into Sobey's lots. That surprised me, then he said that Sobeys had a relationship that related to money off for "gas" when you shop at Sobey's and this was an extension of that concept - to attract people.

That was my understanding of it at least. We shall see. The BIG news is that finally chargers are coming!!

You were definitely in the right place at the right time!

I wasn't aware there was a nice Irving at the Airport either. I'm rarely there and usually in a rush I honestly thought there was still a crappy Petro Canada in that location o_O

Did you get any indication on the number of stalls they'll be setting up? I'd love to see 8 but I I'd still be happy with 6. 8 would mean 4 cars can charge at peak kWh simultaneously and 6 would mean only 3, is that correct? Chance of 3 Tesla's at the same spot at the same time in the Maritimes are probably going to be slim for at least a few more years I'd think, except maybe during summer travel season. Plus these locations are far enough from population centers they'll likely see very little daily local charging.

Get shopping people! Woodstock, St John West/St John, Fredericton/Oromocto, Moncton all have Sobeys close enough to the TCH.

Last edited:
8 would mean 4 cars can charge at peak kWh simultaneously and 6 would mean only 3, is that correct? Chance of 3 Tesla's at the same spot at the same time in the Maritimes are probably going to be slim for at least a few more years

There had been some talk of an electric taxi fleet, a-la Teo Taxi in Montreal, specifically focusing on the airport run due to some weird legacy taxi monopoly regulations we have. I lost track of that discussion, but it would be cool if it were moving forward, and would make the airport the logical place for the SC.
(I'm not such a huge fan of the back seat of a Model S, but an X taxi would be wonderful.)

Reactions: comeaujo
I wasn't aware there was a nice Irving at the Airport either. I'm rarely there and usually in a rush I honestly thought there was still a crappy Petro Canada in that location o_O
It used to be, then it went Esso, now back to Irving again.
TBH I hope it isn’t the airport Irving, it’s too small even if it does have a Subway in it. The Big Stop at exit 7 has BK plus their own restaurant, dog park and a TONNE of room.

Aren’t Irving and Sobeys both owned by the same family now? I thought that had happened a few years back.

There had been some talk of an electric taxi fleet, a-la Teo Taxi in Montreal, specifically focusing on the airport run due to some weird legacy taxi monopoly regulations we have. I lost track of that discussion, but it would be cool if it were moving forward, and would make the airport the logical place for the SC.
(I'm not such a huge fan of the back seat of a Model S, but an X taxi would be wonderful.)

I'd be down with a Model X airport taxi fleet. Not that I'd use it much but it would do wonders promoting EV's in the Maritimes.

It used to be, then it went Esso, now back to Irving again.
TBH I hope it isn’t the airport Irving, it’s too small even if it does have a Subway in it. The Big Stop at exit 7 has BK plus their own restaurant, dog park and a TONNE of room.

Aren’t Irving and Sobeys both owned by the same family now? I thought that had happened a few years back.

Not sure if they are joined like that but between the 2 of them they call the shots in the Maritimes ;) so it's no surprise they would want to get in early on the EV revolution.

I was thinking that when the contractor for the Aulac Supercharger Stated that Enfield would be at the airport, I think it was a mistake to say that it was at the airport but ok. I was just wondering as to where you guys would think the Superchargers should be and as to where you think you should look.