Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you want a new Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heatmap

heatmap.png

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H and mociaf9
Every major racetrack (within 10 miles).

Ely NV would be a great place. Not only for U.S. 50, U.S. 6, and U.S. 93 travelers, but also for the annual Silver State Classic Challenge in nearby (30-some miles) Lund. Last fall I did a road trip which included U.S. 50 from Ely to Sacramento. Charged overnight at the Ely KOA. Good thing I had made reservations in advance as it was Silver State Challenge weekend and the entire RV park was booked.

Last edited:
Columbus, GA
Dothan, AL
Panama City Beach, FL
Franklin, NC

You have one of 4 at Panama City Beach (Construction).

Plus the one (permitted) at Marianne, FL, will allow the run from Auburn, AL to Marianna, FL, and then on to the Beaches of the Florida Panhandle. (Yes, also adding one at Columbus, GA would be very nice for that run, but that make Dothan less likely)

My need is to fix the notorious gap on I-40 between OK City and Little Rock, AR with SCs each side of Ft. Smith: Henryetta, OK and near Ozark, AR.

Somewhere around Jonesboro, AR would also be really nice.

My other big gap is now being filled, since Tesla are putting one in Clayton, NM (permit). However, many people in West Texas probably wonder about the absence of Supercharging in Lubbock, TX.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
...My other big gap is now being filled, since Tesla are putting one in Clayton, NM (permit). However, many people in West Texas probably wonder about the absence of Supercharging in Lubbock, TX.

Ages ago, I used to drive a lot between Wichita KS and Las Cruces NM on U.S. 54. U.S. 54 follows a railroad main line, and had quite a lot of auto traffic. Even today, it saves a couple hours of driving vs the Interstates. So I was a little surprised when Tesla chose Clayton over Dalhart. Hopefully someday they will put a site in Dalhart too.

Ages ago, I used to drive a lot between Wichita KS and Las Cruces NM on U.S. 54. U.S. 54 follows a railroad main line, and had quite a lot of auto traffic. Even today, it saves a couple hours of driving vs the Interstates. So I was a little surprised when Tesla chose Clayton over Dalhart. Hopefully someday they will put a site in Dalhart too.

If you want to take a more Southern route from Atlanta to Denver in the winter and avoid I-70 through Kansas, the best alternative should be to use I-40 across Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, and then cut from Amarillo, TX on US-87 to Trinidad, CO (I-25). Clayton NM solves the problem on the US-87 leg.

With the current gaps in the preferred southerly route, the mileage penalty adds half a day to the trip and therefore pushes people upto I-70.
The penalty comes from having to use I-20 to get to Dallas, and then having to stay on I-40 into NM for a reasonable cut through onto I-25.

BTW: Wouldn't you be better suited by one in Liberal, KS than Dalhart, TX?

Last edited:
If you want to take a more Southern route from Atlanta to Denver in the winter and avoid I-70 through Kansas, the best alternative should be to use I-40 across Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, and then cut from Amarillo, TX on US-87 to Trinidad, CO (I-25). Clayton NM solves the problem on the US-87 leg.

With the current gaps in the preferred southerly route, the mileage penalty adds half a day to the trip and therefore pushes people upto I-70.
The penalty comes from having to use I-20 to get to Dallas, and then having to stay on I-40 into NM for a reasonable cut through onto I-25.

BTW: Wouldn't you be better suited by one in Liberal, KS than Dalhart, TX?

Dalhart is at the intersection of both roads - so would help both sets of travelers. I used to stop there for a food break.

It has been quite a few years since I've done U.S. 54 - outside of the little piece that is now I-40 between Santa Rosa and Tucumcari. To retrace my old U.S. 54 route, yes - Liberal KS would be very helpful. And also someplace like Carrizozo NM.