Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do your get your winter tires changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Spring is finally here! And with it the tire change ritual (going from winter to all season)

So I was curious to know where your guys are getting your tires changed.

When I got my model S, in December, I asked the SC to do the install before delivery, but at 140$ I felt it was quite expensive. I could get it done for like 80$ maybe in a Canadian Tire. But will they know how to change tires on a Tesla? (you know, jack mode and everything). Any recommendations on a good place in Montreal? Thanks.

Because my delivery just came in late February, I have yet to go through a swap-out, but our local chain Burt Brothers has serviced my ICE vehicles for years. So I inquired and they said they handle Teslas all the time. (There are several in the area here.) That’s probably your best approach...don’t ask if they *can*, ask if they *have*, and ask how often they do. I typically pay about $65 US for a changeover.

• Disagree
Reactions: SportsmanFlyer
Tires and rims. I bought a second set when I bought winter tires. I don’t like the idea of removing the tire from the rim each year. Having two sets allows me to do things myself including rotations (need a spare wheel to rotate tires as I don’t like using jack stands.)

Reactions: Bebop
Tires and rims. I bought a second set when I bought winter tires. I don’t like the idea of removing the tire from the rim each year. Having two sets allows me to do things myself including rotations (need a spare wheel to rotate tires as I don’t like using jack stands.)

Well, that makes practical sense, then.

@hroussel - do you have a machine for mounting tires to rims? (Maybe I have to find you on that “show us your garage” thread!)

Had winter tires and 19” wheels installed at the service center at the beginning of this past winter. I plan to change back to my summer tires and 21” wheels myself. Can they update the avatar image in the car and on the app over the air or do I need to be at the service center?

Had winter tires and 19” wheels installed at the service center at the beginning of this past winter. I plan to change back to my summer tires and 21” wheels myself. Can they update the avatar image in the car and on the app over the air or do I need to be at the service center?
They can all they have do is plug your MS into their laptop and you are gtg:D

For the tires, just like with women, if you want the job done right your DYI it.

I use my local tire shop for worn rubber only, even with seasonal changes, my tires
last only about two seasons, bad bad Model S, begs to be driven.

My back still hurts, now in addition to our two cars I have to do 16yo daughter's also.
The large flower pot wheeled bases duplicate well for hauling the tires, the magnetic
3D printed Model S specific jacking adapter works like a charm, the aluminium racing
jack, Niko precision torque wrench, Porter Cable CMB-15, OMFG where did I misplace
the key for those locking nuts:eek:

Last edited: