Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where does this go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys!

I just got my model Y serviced and noticed something in my trunk. Does anyone know where this piece go so I can screw it back on? looks like a clip or something. Thanks in advance!

67719631115__A512D77F-F987-42C1-B51A-C0625CFEDBDB.jpeg
67719698638__1D2FC76C-F8F7-42EF-9EE4-B0C1FCE4B75F.jpeg
67719701218__9C228282-033D-435F-84A5-10E1126A6C65.jpeg

It’s a door clip that holds the door panel to the door frame.
🎯

Optimistically, the black clip popped off into the black abyss of the Tesla interior and rather than hunt for it the service tech just put a new one in its place.

(Pessimistically, the black clip popped off into the black abyss of the Tesla interior and rather than hunt for it the service tech just put your door panel back on without it and you might develop a rattle.)

The doors are held on by two metal screws in the rear and 3 up front. One missing clip, even if one is missing won’t be a big deal. In all likelihood they probably put the door panel in the trunk while working on it and that came off. If it was a fresh clip there would be a white tip on it because that part of the clip snaps and stays in the door panel and the black part comes out with the panel. You can look around the the door panel and see if there’s any parts that don’t look flush, that could be where there would be a missing clip, but if there’s no rattles or noise coming from it then I would leave it be.