TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where get estimates SFBA?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Ulmo, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

I'm looking into selling my Tesla, and I'd like to know places in San Francisco Bay Area (South Bay) to get estimated sales cost. I've already looked at past online sales and got a trade-in offer from Tesla. Some of the local non-Tesla sources seem unfamiliar with Tesla.

2. Grisik

Grisik Member

Why don't you list it on here ?

3. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Try vroom.com and then add a couple of grand to that. Same with Tesla's offer. Otherwise, list it here for what you want and then be prepared for feedback.

4. hmmm

hmmm Member

I would have a look at shift. They often have roadsters available so should be more knowledgeable than average? They will come to your door to get you an estimate and their starting price is usually midpoint between private sale and trade in, you split the difference if they're able to sell it for more.

Also Carmax will give you a number, usually a low one, but still an additional datapoint.

And yes, run your specs by this collectively experienced crowd.

5. KF94563

KF94563 Member

Don't bother with Carmax, they will give you an estimate that allows them to sell the car at auction and still make a profit. That's going to be waaay lower than what you can get in a private sale or by trading to a dealer that will sell the car at retail price.

Carmax explained it to me that they won't sell a car that they can't service or sell an extended warranty for, so they don't sell Teslas and just send them to auction. Carmax's offer is really a "go away, we don't want to deal with it" price.