Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is 2021.4? [2021.4.x Release]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely agree with recent comments. I love getting updates but we are definitely not "entitled" to any, we are just lucky we get them. People that paid for FSD are entitled, all the rest (me included) are just in for the ride.
On top of that, I was trying to help people understand how software development works, the fact that they choose what to release and when, that quality might not be up to par sometimes so releases are skipped etc. I guess I was shot down because it's not what people want to hear. It's true nonetheless :)

Absolutely agree with recent comments. I love getting updates but we are definitely not "entitled" to any, we are just lucky we get them. People that paid for FSD are entitled, all the rest (me included) are just in for the ride.
On top of that, I was trying to help people understand how software development works, the fact that they choose what to release and when, that quality might not be up to par sometimes so releases are skipped etc. I guess I was shot down because it's not what people want to hear. It's true nonetheless :)

First first part is unequivocally false

Part of the selling point of the car which is included directly from their site is that you get "Over-the-air software updates introduce new features, functionality and performance". This isn't a "if we feel like it" or "if you're lucky enough we'll send you some" Its a promised selling point...at least for now. Timing is obviously open, there are no promised dates for these updates or anything. But as a buyer of a Tesla vehicle today, you're absolutely "entitled" to OTA's.

except that they have a history of releasing an update every 4 weeks?

Sometimes earlier. Here's a list of the updates on my 3:

Updates.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Stream