Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is 2021.4? [2021.4.x Release]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No details, just minor fixes. That’s all it says.
My take on all of this (heavily criticised 2020.48 and super minor 2021.4 update) is that Tesla are working on something big (v11? proper fixes to the new UI) and are taking their time to do a nice big release when it is ready. They are not keen to repeat the disappointment that 2020.48 was.

What are your thoughts?

Does anyone know Tesla's sprint schedule? I'm ignoring the numbers on the releases, because, for example, if they are in a quarterly sprint, then I don't expect anything by bug fixes until the end of March at the earliest.

My totally uninformed guess is that they are close to a standard 2 week sprint cycle. Now what and when they merge into the release branch is totally independent of the sprint schedule.

2021.4.3 = more bug fixes as said above ..
image.jpg

The only difference I could find on 2021.4.2, was a "Track" tab on the Dashcam/Sentry viewer...

New track video recording function for Model S/X/Y maybe? o_O

The 3 has had the Track tab for a while. We got the update on the Y last night but there's no Track tab.
I got 2021.4.3 on the S100D but it didn't include the Track tab.

Does anyone know Tesla's sprint schedule? I'm ignoring the numbers on the releases, because, for example, if they are in a quarterly sprint, then I don't expect anything by bug fixes until the end of March at the earliest.
The whole point of sprints is that they break a development task into smaller incremental changes. Functionality is incremental by each sprint released.

On a side note; loosing functionality from a previous update is down to the process Tesla uses to checkout code/merge code changes.
Most likely a developer has checked out and updated an older version of the code/UI.
This should get picked up in the Pre Production testing.
It’s not difficult.

It wouldn’t happen on my watch.

That is a MCU2 upgraded vehicle right? Can you test how the rear view works in low light conditions now? (Was it very dark in the prior versions since the MCU2 upgrade?)
Yes. MCU2. I tried it briefly and it still seemed rather dim. I guess I never noticed how dark it was before since I haven't driven it much at night since last summer, when the days were longer. MCU1 was brighter so hopefully they can increase the brightness some day. The repeaters are definitely much brighter than the rear camera but I did update those to AP3 repeaters last summer.

Just wanted to add that I was on 2020.39.110 with the heated steering wheel in my ‘21 MY... just got notice that it’s updating to 2021.4.3
This is significant news! If they’re moving you over that means they merged the code for the heated steering wheel . Now it’s time to start seeing if anyone on 2021.4.3 got it unlocked!! I have my doubts though :(. Thank you for sharing :)