TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where is fuse box #3?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by artsci, Feb 25, 2014.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I know this sounds like a stupid question for me to ask, but where is fuse box #3? 1 and 2 are easy to find but for the life of me I've never been able to find #3. Is it hidden under something or am I just blind? A photo would be very helpful. I'm sure it's staring me in the face.

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Man artsci, if you can't find it after all the mods and work you done, I have no chance whatsoever!

3. Ubbe

Ubbe Member

You've probably already looked in the MS Owners manual on page 7.19, but in case you haven't this might help?
    image.jpg

I hope it is okay to include this excerpt from the manual (that is available online at Teslas homepage), if not I will remove it.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Stupid me. I meant fuse box 1. I know where fuse box 3 is, just confused the two. It's actually fuse 75 in #3 that I want to tap for the camera switch, and that will be easy.

5. Otmar

Otmar EV Modder

#1 is well buried behind the diagonal support. I can post a picture if you like. My car came with it exposed so I'm not sure what you have to pull to access it but I'm guessing the cabin filter and holder above the 12V battery.

6. artsci

artsci Sponsor

It it's not too much trouble I'd very much like to see your picture.

7. Otmar

Otmar EV Modder

No problem, I've taken a couple for you. It's centered in both pics, the second pic also shows box #2 on the lower right. I found it hard to reach in there when probing voltages.

IMG_1750.jpg IMG_1751.jpg

8. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I'm amazed you can probe anything in there!!:)