Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is Half Life 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

anticitizen13.7

Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018
Dec 22, 2012
United States
It's been almost 7 years since the cliffhanger of Half Life 2: Episode Two. I can't even remember what happened at the end of that game. It's been so long that I don't even own a gaming PC anymore. I just want to know what the &(*$! happens to Gordon Freeman and Blarney. :cursing:

So what the hell are Gabe Newell and the people at Valve doing? Someone out of frustration has apparently put up a kickstarter for "Half Life 3" although this has to be some kind of trademark violation.

Well, there's still 5 or 6 more years before they exceed the StarCraft drought. It was something like 12 years between the release of StarCraft Brood War and StarCraft 2: Wings of Libertines. I'm surprised nobody in Korea went on hunger strike for that travesty of a delay. Seriously, who cares about World of WarCraft?:scared:

Valve, like Blizzard in the time between StarCraft games, has been busy with some pretty big hits. Portal and Portal 2 ring a bell? DOTA 2? Maybe they just don't see a reason for another Half Life game. :smile: And Steam is a heck of an accomplishment too.

Valve has been very busy, with something like 8 games released since 2007, many of them very successful. I don't think they have been lazy.

It's just frustrating to have the story of Half Life end on a major cliffhanger. At least with StarCraft there was some kind of resolution with Brood War: forces from Earth beaten back, Arcturus Mengsk in control of the Terran colonies, and Kerrigan ascending as the Queen of Spades. With Half Life 2… the alien combine was left all over Earth when the last episode ended, albeit the occupying forces were cut off from the rest of their empire.