Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is my GD Perf Package refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
What's going on in corporate? I was approved for the refund on December 3rd. Still nothing. Now I'm seeing P3D- owners that weren't even approved to receive refunds until recently starting to get their checks. Email sent to support a week ago and no response. The folks on the phone don't seem to know anything.

Tesla really needs to improve their customer support and communications. I have no idea if the check was sent and lost somewhere or if I just haven't hit their vague timeline of 4-8 weeks. (I'm a little shy of 7 weeks)

What's going on in corporate? I was approved for the refund on December 3rd. Still nothing. Now I'm seeing P3D- owners that weren't even approved to receive refunds until recently starting to get their checks. Email sent to support a week ago and no response. The folks on the phone don't seem to know anything.

Tesla really needs to improve their customer support and communications. I have no idea if the check was sent and lost somewhere or if I just haven't hit their vague timeline of 4-8 weeks. (I'm a little shy of 7 weeks)

If they said 4-8 weeks, pretty sure you should wait the 8 weeks before getting upset about not receiving your GD refund. Particularly since Tesla is going well above and beyond by sending GD refunds for this to begin with. Pretty sure no other car manufacturer would do so....in any event, your GD refund will arrive at some point...

Oddly enough I got a response to my email the same day.

So apparently, they mailed it to the address I had when I ordered the car. This is despite them stating that the check would be mailed to the address on my Tesla account (which has been updated for months). Now it's being escalated so who knows when I'll get the damn thing.

If they said 4-8 weeks, pretty sure you should wait the 8 weeks before getting upset about not receiving your GD refund. Particularly since Tesla is going well above and beyond by sending GD refunds for this to begin with. Pretty sure no other car manufacturer would do so....in any event, your GD refund will arrive at some point...
A. No. People who were approved after me should get their check after me.
B. They screwed up.
C. The rest is irrelevant.

Oddly enough I got a response to my email the same day.

So apparently, they mailed it to the address I had when I ordered the car. This is despite them stating that the check would be mailed to the address on my Tesla account (which has been updated for months). Now it's being escalated so who knows when I'll get the damn thing.

A. No. People who were approved after me should get their check after me.
B. They screwed up.
C. The rest is irrelevant.

Glad you at least know why your check is missing.

Next time you chat with Tesla, can you also ask about the spoilers? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: mnevar