Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is my NoA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy your car with either EAP or FSD? If you did, there was another thread about part of the update that failed to apply, SC fixed it by reapplying the software.

The option is under Settings -> Autopilot menu.

Yeah, several of these threads. Besides the obvious ones (AP1), some theories are that a maps upgrade didn’t download. If you don’t have the switch for enabling it at all (and it’s not a ‘need to wait for calibration’ seems to be time for a call to support or SC.

Yeah, several of these threads. Besides the obvious ones (AP1), some theories are that a maps upgrade didn’t download. If you don’t have the switch for enabling it at all (and it’s not a ‘need to wait for calibration’ seems to be time for a call to support or SC.

That's my issue, I don't have the switch at all. Maybe it's a maps issue, but my car downloaded the last big maps update a few weeks ago.

That's my issue, I don't have the switch at all. Maybe it's a maps issue, but my car downloaded the last big maps update a few weeks ago.
Right, and if you’re in a current car (AP 2.x) in the US, then it’s time to call support. Since something is missing. The switch should always be there. It may be calibrating (mine says 67%) but the switch is still there.

I am in the same predicament. I called Tesla Roadside Assistance and they have escalated the issue to the engineering department. The representative confirmed it is due to missing maps data. I was told to keep the car connected to wifi and expect an update to be pushed in the next few days.

Navigate on Autopilot is working well for me but I have not received notifications of new maps for some time. But occasionally I do see a change in the legend at the very bottom of the map which makes me think something has changed in the maps.

In case it helps y'all I have attached screen saves of the legend currently showing in my car when maps are displayed. Note that the one mentioning "Beta" only shows when the car is displaying a route to somewhere. When no route is shown the other legend is displayed.
map1.jpg maps2.jpg

It needs to do calibration of the cameras...according to other threads.

There appears to be two sources of delay.

First is the option not showing up at all - not present in release notes, option not present in controls -> autopilot. It just isn't there.

Second is the option is present and can be enabled in controls, but not available to be used yet due to camera calibration.

These are different issues that seem to have different triggers.

Reactions: Black/Black MS
Right, and if you’re in a current car (AP 2.x) in the US, then it’s time to call support. Since something is missing. The switch should always be there.

There is an exception where it shouldn't be there: If your was ordered as an AP1 car with AP, and received as with AP2 HW and the buyer opted to not pay to upgrade to EAP apparently you don't get Nav on AP...

42.2 installed two days ago, and NOAP wasn't there.

Waited for 24 hours - and when it still didn't show up, called Tesla phone support - they looked at the vehicle status and then scheduled a mobile service visit to download the latest maps.

If you don't have NOAP on the Autopilot settings screen, wait for a day or two to see if the map update shows up on its own - and if it doesn't then phone Tesla and have them review your vehicle status.

This seems like something Tesla should have been able to detect automatically - they have the status for all of the vehicles with AP2.x hardware - and should be able to automatically push out the map updates - and if the update doesn't succeed - e-mail the owner to notify them they potentially have a problem requiring service.