Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is my wall connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We earned a signature black HPWC in June last year. The reward showed up in our app in July. We ordered the HPWC and it showed up sometime in August (and we just got around to installing it yesterday).

It's likely Tesla ran out of stock on the signature black HPWCs, and have to wait to get another manufacturing run. And with the increase of Model 3 deliveries, it's possible they may also have run out of the regular HPWCs - until they can adjust to the increase in new car deliveries.

We were originally supposed to get our first signature wall connectors in January 2018 but didn't get them until July 2018. We've been due a couple more for the past few months but aren't in any rush since we've already got the garage covered.

If you really need a wall connector, you can contact Tesla and they've been willing to send a regular silver wall connector immediately. You'd lose out on the signature wall connector but could get the charging situation straightened out a lot sooner.
I just got two email notifications from FedEx indicating two 29 lb packages from Newark California will be delivered this Friday!

Reactions: Bogobec
We earned a signature black HPWC in June last year. The reward showed up in our app in July. We ordered the HPWC and it showed up sometime in August (and we just got around to installing it yesterday).

It's likely Tesla ran out of stock on the signature black HPWCs, and have to wait to get another manufacturing run. And with the increase of Model 3 deliveries, it's possible they may also have run out of the regular HPWCs - until they can adjust to the increase in new car deliveries.
It's probably worth an email asking about it... I did, I got a reply that they were delayed and didn't know when they would ship...and then it arrived in <2 weeks after waiting almost 6 months prior to my email. I think they bump those that enquire up in the queue.

I have been waiting over a year for the Signature HPWC. Multiple emails and multiple promises and nothing still.... Never been more frustrated over something that should have been trivial.
That's an exceptionally long time. Did you claim the wall connector in the app and provide your shipping address? What does the status say in the app for the Signature WC?

That's an exceptionally long time. Did you claim the wall connector in the app and provide your shipping address? What does the status say in the app for the Signature WC?

Yup, right after the delivery cleared, confirmation email for selection dated 11/28/2017.

upload_2019-1-9_14-52-28.png

Status in the App is same as others, shows my address and Available Starting June 2018

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-9_14-52-8.png
    upload_2019-1-9_14-52-8.png
    155 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It’s amazing they can make cars but can’t deliver referral awards to loyal customers. I’m waiting on 2, one from March 18 status shipping from from June, one still just showing scheduled and has been for months, plus a set of alloys status processing. This should be a trivial thing to do right.

Mine arrived in Colorado 4 days ago. No shipping notification, just a knock on the door. I had given up hope that I would actually see it.
Sign up for a free Fedex (and UPS) account and then you'll receive email notifications whenever a package is scheduled to be delivered, no matter who the shipper is. While you might not know the contents, you can sometimes figure it out. I got emails from Fedex on 1/8 that two packages were scheduled to be delivered on 1/11. The emails mentioned the packages were coming from the parts distribution center in Newark, CA and they each weighed 29 pounds so I knew they were both wall connectors. They weren't actually delivered until 1/14 due to the snow on 1/11 but I knew they were on their way. :)

At least you guys have a record at Tesla for your HPWC referral. My Tesla account shows 2 referrals and delivered vehicles last November. One referral is from me, the other is a random "Frank" who I don't know anything about. The app shows two of the green bars with a notification that my "next award" is the 21" set of wheels. When I look at the My Rewards screen on the app it only shows the photo in space. I contacted Tesla and had a quick - that's 30 days - response that my account did not show the second referral.