TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by b0n3z, Aug 25, 2018.

1. b0n3z

b0n3z Supporting Member

My car is at the service center for the following:
    Tesla Model 3 Performance (issues)

During the process, they needed to send it back a 2nd time for a door alignment. They also broke a tab on the passenger rear tail light. It's been there since Monday 8/13/18.

I have also asked continuously when I can expect the carbon fiber spoiler and badging. There is STILL no ETA. I paid extra for this as a package. What upsets me even more is test drive cars have them.

Does ANYONE have their carbon fiber spoiler from Tesla?

-b0n3z

• Funny x 1
  2. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

If it makes you feel better, I test drove a performance model yesterday without badging or a spoiler.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I saw at least 20 Performanxe Model 3s that were used for test drive events at Hawthorne.

None of them had spoilers or badges.

I think think the spoiler supplier didn’t believe Musk when he said funding secured for net-60 terms.

• Funny x 5
  4. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

The Buena Park center has multiple Model 3 for test drives and they all have "Dual Motors" badges and spoilers.

5. b0n3z

b0n3z Supporting Member

Buena Park is where I stood in line for my reserve. It's not far from me. Costa Mesa is the service center it's at currently.

6. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Are they Performance plus? Tesla told me not to expect my badge until October, more likely really November... sigh

7. rrollens

rrollens Member

My understanding is only some test drive vehicles currently have them. Saw one this week at Rocklin Service Center. As Stated, best information out there right now Oct. with receipt to owners in November.

8. favo

favo P3D+ owner

• Like x 1
  9. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

The supplier probably bailed because Tesla wasn't paying them. Bet Tesla is trying to source out to someone else. Very lame.

10. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Mt. Kisco store had two M3P for test drives and neither had spoiler or badge.

11. sreams

sreams Member

That seems like quite a big assumption.

• Like x 1
  12. Sg911

Sg911 Member

13. ronin

ronin Member

I know this has been discussed in the other thread, but it's still annoying to know this is an issue. We didn't pay a trivial amount for these add-ons. I feel like we all should tweet this to Tesla. Should get maybe a discount for those who've been waiting on the complete performance upgrade package.

14. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Not really.

15. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Does Tesla have a history of not paying suppliers?

16. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

17. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Yes, they were all P3D+ (Performance Package with Red brake calipers) Red Exterior and White interior.
    I think Buena Park has 2 or 3 of them. Next time I pass by their superchargers, I will take a picture and upload here.

FYI, it wasn't red under bar, however. Like P100D, it was a chrome bar, as far as I remember.

I can see that the badge means a lot to you. ;)

18. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Statement from Tesla:
    Nothing that implies that they don't pay their suppliers.

19. Adam3

Adam3 Member

It's a red underline for Performance. Kind of hard to see, particularly because most of the demo cars that have it are already red exterior.

20. UtahIsRad

UtahIsRad Member

You got a car at least, most people are still waiting for that and have been for 2 years 5 months. Should I get a discount because my config was given to people way behind me in line?