Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from mobile service about the spoiler and they're saying that the 99-A version is showing as "discontinued/disabled" and that there's only one version available.
Can someone provide a close-up picture of the issue?

Just hand mine installed yesterday, it's the 00 version. Tech said he has had good success with his last few installs. So far the edges look good.

Mine lifted up on the left side, enough to let some tree debris get in and (likely) make it worse. Unfortunately, mine is installed over PPF, so I'm going to have to have my PPF installer remove and reinstall the whole lot (and maybe investigate sealing around the spoiler to prevent it from happening again). I don't really trust Tesla to do it.

Mine lifted up on the left side, enough to let some tree debris get in and (likely) make it worse. Unfortunately, mine is installed over PPF, so I'm going to have to have my PPF installer remove and reinstall the whole lot (and maybe investigate sealing around the spoiler to prevent it from happening again). I don't really trust Tesla to do it.
That sounds bad. Do you have any pictures of the issue?

I have full exterior ppf as well and have been debating whether or not to get the rear spoiler installed. I did tell Mobile Service I would wait until they got the revised part number spoilers. After reading your post, I am leaning towards not getting it installed now. Thanks for the info..

That sounds bad. Do you have any pictures of the issue?

Now I do (attached).

I had my film installer completely remove and reinstall the film on the back. The spoiler is still off for now until the adhesive cures for a week, but the left the spoiler for me in the trunk, complete with all the crap that had crept under it.

I have a tree that drops these tiny leaves in my front yard, and they're halfway across, which means half the adhesive had failed. The film guys said this was an absolutely terrible install, and that they probably didn't prep the wrap properly (the mobile service guy just used alcohol).

I'm fairly certain this would have eventually fallen off given a good gust of wind. Ugh.
IMG_1199.jpg

BTW, big shout out to 68 Auto Detail in Milpitas. When they redid my rear film, they did it in a single piece (original install had a seam). Apparently takes three installers to do it. So, at least there was an upside to the spoiler fail.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Now I do (attached).

I had my film installer completely remove and reinstall the film on the back. The spoiler is still off for now until the adhesive cures for a week, but the left the spoiler for me in the trunk, complete with all the crap that had crept under it.

I have a tree that drops these tiny leaves in my front yard, and they're halfway across, which means half the adhesive had failed. The film guys said this was an absolutely terrible install, and that they probably didn't prep the wrap properly (the mobile service guy just used alcohol).

I'm fairly certain this would have eventually fallen off given a good gust of wind. Ugh.
View attachment 423644

BTW, big shout out to 68 Auto Detail in Milpitas. When they redid my rear film, they did it in a single piece (original install had a seam). Apparently takes three installers to do it. So, at least there was an upside to the spoiler fail.
Wow that's really bad. I wonder why the adhesive failed. Do you have ceramic coating?

Finally had mine installed last week at the local (Highland Park, IL) Tesla store while on my way out of town.

enhance

Took less than 10 minutes, looks good, seems to be on there solidly.

I had to have it installed before my first long road-trip - had to have the extra range that results from the 3.37542% reduction in aero drag enabled by the spoiler... ;-)

Reactions: Nocturnal
Wow that's really bad. I wonder why the adhesive failed. Do you have ceramic coating?

Nope, but I do have PPF (LLumar). It was quite cool and lightly raining on the day it was installed (outside), which can't have helped. I was actually standing over the trunk with an umbrella to prevent it from getting wet.

My film guys said they should have heated up the tape prior to application to improve the bond. That didn't happen.

Finally had mine installed last week at the local (Highland Park, IL) Tesla store while on my way out of town.

enhance

I had to have it installed before my first long road-trip - had to have the extra range that results from the 3.37542% reduction in aero drag enabled by the spoiler... ;-)
which wheels are those?

enhance

the carbon fiber looks so good on white

Reactions: Zcd1