Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is outside air temperature sensor on Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about the outside air temperature readings that I get on my Model X, which has me wondering where and why the sensor is placed.

I find it strange that I only seem to get accurate outside temperature readings: 1.) after couple-minute delay; and 2.) when the car has been moving at least 10-20 mph for a couple of minutes.

What is it about the placement of the temperature sensor that makes it so slow to react to changes in temperature (such as coming out of a heated garage into the cold) and makes temperature often go UP when the car stops for awhile, such as at a long traffic light?

Anyone know where the temperature sensor is, and why Tesla put it where they did?

I find it strange that I only seem to get accurate outside temperature readings: 1.) after couple-minute delay; and 2.) when the car has been moving at least 10-20 mph for a couple of minutes
Pretty much all the cars I have owned with an outside temperature display have behaved similar to what you describe.

I do not know where the temp sensor is located.

Reactions: goneskiian
At the MS it`s places behind the upper "grill/vent" down at the right corner.It`s hidden behind the bumper pointing out in the airflow. Would assume it`s the same by the X.

Attachments

• images (1)_LI.jpg
    images (1)_LI.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • last ned (1)_LI.jpg
    last ned (1)_LI.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 869
  • Helpful
Reactions: hollywood