TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Where is outside air temperature sensor on Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by BizJet, Dec 6, 2016.

1. BizJet

BizJet Member

I'm curious about the outside air temperature readings that I get on my Model X, which has me wondering where and why the sensor is placed.

I find it strange that I only seem to get accurate outside temperature readings: 1.) after couple-minute delay; and 2.) when the car has been moving at least 10-20 mph for a couple of minutes.

What is it about the placement of the temperature sensor that makes it so slow to react to changes in temperature (such as coming out of a heated garage into the cold) and makes temperature often go UP when the car stops for awhile, such as at a long traffic light?

Anyone know where the temperature sensor is, and why Tesla put it where they did?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Pretty much all the cars I have owned with an outside temperature display have behaved similar to what you describe.

I do not know where the temp sensor is located.

• Like x 1
  3. Chet

Chet Member

I have asked this question at service centers and no one seemed to know.

4. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

At the MS it`s places behind the upper "grill/vent" down at the right corner.It`s hidden behind the bumper pointing out in the airflow. Would assume it`s the same by the X.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1