Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is referral code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to revive this thread. Does anyone know if you only get a referral code once you’ve taken delivery? I’ve a friend about to push the button on an M3SR but would like to give him our referral code.
We’ve ordered our car though a business lease but won’t be taking delivery until Nov🙁

Just to revive this thread. Does anyone know if you only get a referral code once you’ve taken delivery? I’ve a friend about to push the button on an M3SR but would like to give him our referral code.
We’ve ordered our car though a business lease but won’t be taking delivery until Nov🙁
If you setup the Tesla app with the email address you gave when placing the order you should see the loot box with your referral code.

You get a referral code on your Tesla registered account - whether its of any benefit to you will depend on how your lease company handles referral miles. On non lease accounts they only benefit the main car account - additional drivers will not benefit from the referral even though they have a code - its quite possible that on a lease, the main car account is linked to the lease company and you are just an additional driver - or it may work in some other way for lease cars.

For non lease u have the referral code from day you order (and create your account) - the link is in the Tesla app.

For lease if it’s available it’ll be in the app - try logging in using your email address and “forgot password” link - but it might be that the lease company own the car and need to set you up