TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where is the connector for rear footwell lights?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by flyeyes, Jun 1, 2018.

1. flyeyes

flyeyes Member

Title is self explanatory.

I have a 2015 S85D that came without the premium lighting package. I ordered a set of new LEDs from Abtract Ocean, and have installed them all except the rear footwell lights.

Does anyone have a good photo showing the location of the wiring/connector?

I was able to install all of the other lights in about 15 minutes total, and had no trouble finding the wiring for the trunk lights and their cutouts, but I’m stumped on the rear footwells.

The other lights are so much better than stock I wish I’d done this years ago.

2. flyeyes

flyeyes Member

Ok, so I’m officially an idiot

After spending 30 minutes, then posting, I went back out to the garage and found the connector on top of the largest wiring bundle running under the middle of the seat.

Two minutes.

D’oh!

• Like x 2
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I think some runs of cars hid them more than others and some even had the brackets. Glad you found them, the extra light from the AO leds is great!