Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the media coverage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in the SoCal area (home to Hawthorne location, I might add) the local NBC affiliate had a small story about a few people lined up in front of the Pasadena store yesterday. I was left to believe they really didn't know what to expect and why someone would sit on a sidewalk overnight for a car. I believe that after what just happened today they will have MUCH more to say tonight. We'll find out as the local news shows begin in 8 minutes. :)
Followup: I waited 45 minutes but the local NBC affiliate in LA finally did a followup article on todays event. They actually did two back-to-back. The first one was a general article on the lines at the Burbank store and the second one was an interview with a guy they had interviewed last night. The tone of the articles went from "what the heck is this all about" last night to "gee, isn't this a wonderful event" story today.

Reactions: ggnykk
I do wonder if the stereotypes of Midwesterners and Southerners being suspicious of anything smacking of "green" "progressive" or "liberal" perhaps have some truth to them - and if those attitudes make them turn away from a story like this.

I have some red neck relatives who get pissed off when Tesla is mentioned and it doesn't take them long to go from mention of Tesla to 30 seconds later yelling about how their tax dollars are paying for electric toys for rich people and then on to blaming Obama for all the world's problems.

It seems a bit odd that the Tesla stores in California were swarming with news coverage and the one in Atlanta couldn't even get a reporter there when one of a station's own employees was lined up.
No offense. Apparently, your relative has very poor logic to associate EV incentive with Obama, and then associate Obama with all the world problems. And really poor understanding of how this world works, for example, the oil industry get many times more than any EV incentives, in the scale of hundreds of billions US dollars per year.

Reactions: HookBill
A lady in front of me at the Atlanta-Dekalb Tesla store does voiceover work (including some for 11Alive news). She texted some of her friends at the station to try to get them to come out and film the 200 folks lined up at the store and they weren't interested.
No news crews at all at our location.

They must have changed their minds. My daughter, who lives in Lawrenceville, sent me the following:

Long lines form to reserve affordable Model 3 Tesla

NBCNews homepage:

asdf.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-31_20-48-53.png
    upload_2016-3-31_20-48-53.png
    574.2 KB · Views: 51