TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by highedu, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Is Cat

I think Bonnie has one and is testing it. :biggrin:

2. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 8.27.22 AM.png

3. fengshui

fengshui Member

Tesla also now has access to the test track adjacent to the factory, which can be used for extensive testing without revealing anything to spy shots. (They bought that land in 2013)

4. bonnie

I think the mules are out and about. No one has yet realized what is right in front of them.

imo.

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

image.jpg
    Man I'm so disappointed that we waited so long and this is what we get for $135,000.

6. bonnie

I don't think that's the Signature model.

7. Cueonly

Cueonly Member

I thought the discontinued brown as a color option!!

8. mspisars

mspisars Active Member

#88 mspisars, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Well, the delays make sense now Bonnie! I see tesla moved from falcon wings to convertible hard-top "party" SUV style configuration in the Model X you're testing!!
    What happened to the wood paneling?

9. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Is Cat

That's actually a fine mule. Could do with a little sprucing up, wash and buff. It appears to have good carrying capacity. I don't, however, see any towing options but there's no indications that it can't tow.

- - - Updated - - -

Who needs wood paneling when it comes with its own vanity and wheelchair access?

10. MikeL

MikeL some guy

I anticipate a large towing capacity now since Bonnie's will obviously need to be able to tow a fully functioning Hot Tub !

11. JST

JST Active Member

I suspect they can do some work there, but all the big manufacturers have much larger proprietary facilities and you still see their development prototypes out in the real world.

12. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Personally I like the wheelchair handicap ramp. Bonnie, I assume that is standard equipment?

13. bonnie

Well, for the Sig model if you select all the options. The pink is a custom paint job.

14. patrick42h

patrick42h Member

That's what people were saying about the Model S in 2011. Now there are 60,000 of them on the road.

15. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

and the roadster ;)

16. lorih

lorih Member

I'm loving this thread, and wondering what the media will quote. People will read all the comments about Bonnie's Beta (without seeing original post with photo) and think this is all for real.

I'm in for wheelchair hot tub Tesla, anyone else?

17. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

With the subzero temps we have had here in Minnesota recently go up to Baudette, Minnesota where they did their winter testing for the S and you could prolly find one.

18. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

image.jpg Another spy shot of the test mule with even slimmer redisigned falcon doors in the open position.

19. insiderinfo

insiderinfo Member

There are a number of BETA cars that are currently testing they would represent what you guys are calling "mule" They total 25 or so. Some are drivable some are not. They are used for different tests, the different engineering teams get a car and run their perspective tests on it. I can put up a picture, and I likely will very soon. But Just as a heads up, the front has changed allot, there is no more fake grill (nose cone). Enjoy the tidbits.

20. mspisars

mspisars Active Member

What kind of a statement is this? I almost punched my screen!!! Put up the pic already!