Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do Tesla have to deliver 60 and 85kWh because it says so on their web pages today?
It also sad brown color, 60D a wile ago., and 40kWh Model S some years ago.
When Tesla release design studio for Model X, they can deliver what versjons they feel is the right ones, and can also change their mine if demand is missing on some versjons.
Tesla have also mentioned, that it is space between the batterypack and the floor in Model X, so it is possible it could be a batterypack that is slightly higher than on Model S, to fill this space.
The pack would be same X-Y size as Model S but other Z
(I do not think so, easier and cheeper to only produce one pack fire botn S and X, but still possible)

Looking forward to see it, have good time, the waiting would only get worse, when it looks even better than the prototypes. :)

Elon mentioned it in Oslo a year ago, when asked for ski rack for Model X, look for the move from the Q&A.
And by the letter late 2014, this space is not used for storing equipment (skis).

Edit: Updated with link and point and have to refrace myself. (He do not say floor but seats) ;-)
Elon Musk in Oslo 01 02 2014 - YouTube

From 29:40

Elon says box or stock on the inside so you can slide it longitudly under the seats.
Since our skis are from at least 2m in length I presume it had to bee under the flooring, but it is possible that he was thinking about a skibox that ended under second seats row.

sigurdi

Last edited:
It does seem reasonable though that a highly aerodynamic vehicle would need to begin tapering by the time you get back to the 3rd row.

Agreed. And the 2-3-2 seems to match what I saw in the redacted solid model before it disappeared.

I think it's fairly likely that Tesla will bring that configuration, though they might offer others as well. My only point was that the prototype from CES isn't really a useful reference. :)
Walter

Elon mentioned it in Oslo a year ago, when asked for ski rack for Model X, look for the move from the Q&A.
And by the letter late 2014, this space is not used for storing equipment (skis).

Edit: Updated with link and point and have to refrace myself. (He do not say floor but seats) ;-)
Elon Musk in Oslo 01 02 2014 - YouTube

From 29:40

Elon says box or stock on the inside so you can slide it longitudly under the seats.
Since our skis are from at least 2m in length I presume it had to bee under the flooring, but it is possible that he was thinking about a skibox that ended under second seats row.

sigurdi

There is no sense to leave space between floor and battery back. I understand, that he talked about space between floor and seats. Or then he ment back seat pass trough of some sort

6a00d83451b3c669e201538f0ca120970b-pi.jpg

There is no sense to leave space between floor and battery back. I understand, that he talked about space between floor and seats. Or then he ment back seat pass trough of some sort

I agree with @Matias that it's unlikely to store skis under seats and above battery pack. There is too much folding-seat hardware there to make it practical. Instead, I would expect that the 2nd row middle-seat to fold down (and optionally both seats in 3rd) and the skis would fit between the seats (rather than a pass-through like shown in the previous post).

Since he clearly sad under the seats, the thought have crossed their mine.
I would love to have built in skibag thought so one of the the seats in the 3.row down and the middle Seat in the 2.row.
Then it would still have space for 5 adults in the car that could easely etter and get out of the car.