Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the odometer? (Hawaii)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the miles since last charge & the 2 trip odometers, but where is the actual odometer? I'll be getting my permanent safety check Saturday morning after I go in for my seat recall fix. My mechanic was already laughing last weekend as I tried to figure out how to turn on the headlights during my temporary safety check. I don't want to give him more chuckles.

I see the miles since last charge & the 2 trip odometers, but where is the actual odometer? I'll be getting my permanent safety check Saturday morning after I go in for my seat recall fix. My mechanic was already laughing last weekend as I tried to figure out how to turn on the headlights during my temporary safety check. I don't want to give him more chuckles.

Bottom row of the driver's speedometer console, second from the left.

So from left to right you have:
Door Lock, Odometer, Temperature

i took my Tesla to a shop right after I picked it up and the shop guy asked me how many miles were on it. Having just gone through a crash course of the screen features with Efron, I frantically started pushing all kinds of buttons before realizing it was on the steering wheel dash screen...lol

So how do I turn on the headlights and/or operate other functions that will be necessary for the temp safety check? I've been reviewing the Model S quick guide in anticipation of my pick up tomorrow. If I am understanding correctly, go to controls/lights/headlights "on"? I have a short list of basic function questions to ask the SC team, but may forget because of the excitement of it all.

• Informative
Reactions: Snerruc
So how do I turn on the headlights and/or operate other functions that will be necessary for the temp safety check? I've been reviewing the Model S quick guide in anticipation of my pick up tomorrow. If I am understanding correctly, go to controls/lights/headlights "on"? I have a short list of basic function questions to ask the SC team, but may forget because of the excitement of it all.

Congrats...been wondering when you were going to pick it up :) Make sure to write your list down or even email Barry ahead of time...because you will be completely engrossed in the car once you see it :)

Thank you solar powered! I have gone through multiple read throughs of the quick guide and am currently watching the walkthrough videos on the Tesla site. This will be a learning process for sure.

nanimac: good idea, thanks. I've been laying low and not saying much because I don't want to bachi anything. I'm cautiously excited and crossing my fingers that no problems are uncovered when they start inspecting. Very happy for you though. Your car is a beauty! I hope you've had some time to enjoy it.

When I went in for the temp safety check, they guy said he had done several MS already, and took my paperwork. 3 minutes later, gave me back the paperwork. Only asked me the mileage. Didn't look at the car. Easiest safety check every. don't want to get anyone in trouble, so won't mention where I took it.