Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the odometer on the new 'upgraded' UI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can say “odometer” and the odometer is displayed?

You can say “tire pressure” and tire pressure is displayed?
Both of those have been disabled on my car as well. I'm guessing that since the odometer is in a different place now, it would have been more programming to link the voice command to the new screen, and they wanted to get the "holiday update" out for, well, the holidays. Maybe a future update will restore those commands.

Thank you.

Any idea why the voice commands are no longer working?
THey’re not working because Tesla completely effed up the interface, including the voice commands.

The cards that you used to be able to access at the bottom of the left side of the screed are gone. All of the odometers are now under the “Trips” section of the controls menu.

So, they put games on the main toolbar and put useful important driver information like tire pressure, seat heater and the odometer readings in a sub menu?

Not very smart in my opinion.
Agree! in v11 software upgrade, Tesla put the junks on the main menu to easy access to, but hides the important menus, usch as tire pressure, odometer, supercharger station search icon, ... I hope Tesla is listening and gets these back.

Any idea where I can find the odometer? When I say 'odometer', which is the way I used to get the odometer, the UI says 'Command not understood'. Likewise with 'tire pressure'.

Have I said I hate this new UI yet?
Those voice commands work for me. However, I have found that voice commands do not always work. Sometimes it is necessary to try multiple times.

Notice what it thinks you said. If it does not display what you actually said, try pronouncing it a bit differently. But if it displays what you actually said and still does not work, I suggest contacting Tesla.

There is a way to invoke the odometer display from the touch screen but I don't remember what it is. One gripe I have with my Tesla is that the odometer function originally displayed tenths of miles but no longer does. Therefore I can no longer measure distances accurately.

Quite honestly, I very much dislike the touch screen system. It is a dangerous distraction and inordinately difficult to use. Probably Tesla uses a touch screen because it costs less than having individual controls and displays.

Reactions: WindPower
So, they put games on the main toolbar and put useful important driver information like tire pressure, seat heater and the odometer readings in a sub menu?

Not very smart in my opinion.
You have made a good point. However, most functions are also accessible via voice commands. You press the right hand scroll wheel and state the command, such as, "open glove box", "open cubby", "open trunk", "temperature 71 degrees", "odometer", "tire pressure", "fold mirrors" or "close mirrors", "open mirrors", "seat heat on", "increase fan speed", "reduce fan speed", etc. etc. However, it doesn't always understand in which case it will, after displaying what it thinks you said, display "command not understood". You can try again or use a similar word.

Actually I would much prefer individual controls and displays instead of a touch screen. I've read that some rental car companies now have Tesli. I can only imagine the problems customers will have.

There is a way to invoke the odometer display from the touch screen but I don't remember what it is
Look for the radio card on the bottom left of the screen. Scroll it left for the OD, and left again for tire pressure. This is the way it was in 2020 when I bought my car. They changed it, then changed it back. Seems like change for change sake.
Quite honestly, I very much dislike the touch screen system. It is a dangerous distraction and inordinately difficult to use.
Yep, me too, except now you can move some icons to the bottom of the screen. It's not like you can feel for them and activate them, but at least you don't have to go through a secondary menu. And yes, I think Tesla did this because it costs less and is less prone to failure.

You can say “odometer” and the odometer is displayed?

You can say “tire pressure” and tire pressure is displayed?

When I try these with the new update, the voice command area displays “Command not understood”.
They work for me, but I have no reason to doubt what you wrote.
It should also display what it thinks you said. Have you read that? Does it display what you actually said? Regardless of whether it does, I suggest contacting Tesla.