Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the SIM card located?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to reconsider and purchase from Tesla Denmark directly. Tesla will probably not help you with this. Plus you won't be able to use the superchargers, claim warranty, charge 3phase, etc etc etc. Way to many uncertainties and negatives if you ask me.

Where did you get the data from? why should they not be able to switch sim cards? superchargers would like to be the same everywhere! The car I buy is over 2 years old, so there is no warranty.

Where did you get the data from? why should they not be able to switch sim cards? superchargers would like to be the same everywhere! The car I buy is over 2 years old, so there is no warranty.

The SIM card is buried behind the 17" touch screen. A major operation to get to it.

The connector on US vs EU cars is different, so US cars can't use EU superchargers, and EU cars can't use US superchargers.

Warranty is more than 2 years.

In car from US ( 2014) European SIM from orange have perfrct network but still remain problem with APN settings . This doesn't flow automatically ( i have card NJU witch always auto set APN after running ). On 99% this features are behind passcode...

You might want to reconsider and purchase from Tesla Denmark directly. Tesla will probably not help you with this. Plus you won't be able to use the superchargers, claim warranty, charge 3phase, etc etc etc. Way to many uncertainties and negatives if you ask me.

This has been discussed many times before. It is totally unworkable and crazy and will cost you far more than it would simply to buy a car in Denmark.

* Tesla EU will not honour any US warranty, they will not apply service fixes, recalls, etc etc [and this is not a guess - they are on record as saying that they will not do this]
* Tesla EU will not maintain or repair the car once it's out of warranty (so if you have a failure you will have to either get a third party to do the work for you, or return the car to the US)
* US cars have a different charging connector so cannot access EU superchargers, or charge from 3 phase power sources; in practice you will be limited to 7kW AC charging and possibly CHAdeMO rapids
* US car remote fobs use a different frequency to EU ones and may be illegal in your country
* Even if you do manage to get connectivity (by switching the SIM or by using wifi tethering) it is likely that a US car will not have EU mapping on board so you will have no satnav, and the slacker music streaming service will also probably not work when it detects you're outside the US
* The radio will quite probably not work, and certainly you will not get DAB
* You will most likely need to make other changes relating to adapting to local regulations (e.g. fitting rear fog lights, changes to indicator lamp colour etc)
* Shipping an electric car by ship is a huge hassle because hazardous materials regulations require that the battery be transported separately from the car, so you have to pay someone to remove and reconnect it (and see previous point about the fact that Tesla will not help you)
* If you import a complete car into the EU you may have to pay import duty (Tesla get around this by importing multiple separate components and then only finishing the cars at Tilburg after they enter the EU).

What communication standard is used in Tesla S, GSM or CDMA? I have a card where the SIM card is. Tesla S 2015 year.

Attachments

• IMG_20180210_155742.jpg
    IMG_20180210_155742.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 342