Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where or who do I complain about service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my brand new, June 2019 build M3, HW 3.0 had to go into service because the navigation system froze at a supercharger location and the rear camera stopped working. I made an appointment at the Buena Park service center for Sunday, June 30th. My car is still being evaluated by engineering and I will have yet another "update" by Friday, July 12th. That's 12 days (not including 4th of July) that Tesla has supposedly been evaluating my car. Seriously? This is a computer on wheels, just replace the computer and GPS antenna and call it a day is what I've been saying. It's hard for me to sell the M3 to people when the dealer has literally had the car longer than I have. AM I being unrealistic? Who do I complain to? It seems like I am over a barrel on this one...... getting frustrated not. HELP ELON!!!!!

Go to your Tesla account page, click the "Manage" button, then the "Request Help" button. There is also a "Contact" page you can access from the bottom links on almost any page on the Tesla site.

12 days does seem like a long time to take to diagnose the issue, on the other hand it isn't always as simple as replacing a piece of hardware because, in most cases, it isn't the hardware that is bad.

Go to your Tesla account page, click the "Manage" button, then the "Request Help" button. There is also a "Contact" page you can access from the bottom links on almost any page on the Tesla site.

12 days does seem like a long time to take to diagnose the issue, on the other hand it isn't always as simple as replacing a piece of hardware because, in most cases, it isn't the hardware that is bad.

Thanks for the tip. I submitted a ticket so let’s see how that goes.

Sometimes things take time.
Logs are submitted too engineering, they look at yours (and also the hundreds of others that come in as well) come up with a next step to test, and reply to the tech.

Sometimes responses take days.

Then the tech has to try the fix and report back.

Calm down, enjoy putting miles on someone else's car and relax.

Reactions: VT_EE and DrAtomic
So my brand new, June 2019 build M3, HW 3.0 had to go into service because the navigation system froze at a supercharger location and the rear camera stopped working. I made an appointment at the Buena Park service center for Sunday, June 30th. My car is still being evaluated by engineering and I will have yet another "update" by Friday, July 12th. That's 12 days (not including 4th of July) that Tesla has supposedly been evaluating my car. Seriously? This is a computer on wheels, just replace the computer and GPS antenna and call it a day is what I've been saying. It's hard for me to sell the M3 to people when the dealer has literally had the car longer than I have. AM I being unrealistic? Who do I complain to? It seems like I am over a barrel on this one...... getting frustrated not. HELP ELON!!!!!

I feel your exact pain... If you have time, check out my thread below..

Calibration in progress...

This was through that same Buena Park SC. I'm assuming they gave you uber credits to use while your car is in the shop? They told me they didn't have any loaners...

I now have an issue where screen blacks out twice in 3 days. I called Tesla support (just wanted to avoid calling or scheduling an appointment at Buena Park SC) but they didn't find any alerts on my car. They just told me to wait until new software update is sent to me, and hopefully future updates would fix the issue.. Don't know what to do here now...

Anyways, I really really hope they come back to you with a solution sooner than later. Best of luck to you.

Sometimes things take time.
Logs are submitted too engineering, they look at yours (and also the hundreds of others that come in as well) come up with a next step to test, and reply to the tech.

Sometimes responses take days.

Then the tech has to try the fix and report back.

Calm down, enjoy putting miles on someone else's car and relax.
@Coldones what are you disagreeing with? I’ve worked in the auto service industry for the past 10+ years.

What’s your experience?

I hope your situation has been resolved my now. If not, I have found that using the Chat service to much faster to come to a resolution. That said, Tesla time is like Island time. Soon come.Mon.

Unfortunately I got a call on Friday saying engineering is having the BP SC try some things so they can see the impact to the logs and my next update will be Tuesday afternoon..... I'm getting pretty frustrated as my first car payment is due and I've had the car a whole 14 days of which half had the reported problem.....

I feel your exact pain... If you have time, check out my thread below..

Calibration in progress...

This was through that same Buena Park SC. I'm assuming they gave you uber credits to use while your car is in the shop? They told me they didn't have any loaners...

I now have an issue where screen blacks out twice in 3 days. I called Tesla support (just wanted to avoid calling or scheduling an appointment at Buena Park SC) but they didn't find any alerts on my car. They just told me to wait until new software update is sent to me, and hopefully future updates would fix the issue.. Don't know what to do here now...

Anyways, I really really hope they come back to you with a solution sooner than later. Best of luck to you.

Man what an ordeal!! My car wouldn't even update the software when it would come over the air or via WiFi. When I dropped it off, I demanded a rental car and they gave me a Model S that I've had since June 30th...... My latest is that I will have yet another update on Tuesday......

Well...... just received a call today from the BP SC and they now have to replace the main computer..... I told them this when I dropped it off. This is the frustrating part. Now I'm pissed! Made my first car payment today and the SC has had it longer than I!!! I know, it needs to be fixed but come on!!!!! I'm in service and I do whatever it takes to keep the customer happy. 2.5 weeks is excessive for a new car. I told them if they can't fix it but Monday, I want a new car! Hell I even tweeted Elon Musk (doubt he will see it but who knows) just to feel better. Any ways..... hope you all have a great weekend. Thank for allowing me to vent yet again.

So to follow up on my issue with screen keep flickering and blacking out, I decided take it to Buena Park SC again last Saturday. They said they couldn't do anything about it for the moment and just wait for the new firmware upgrade. The engineers supposedly know about this issue and will send a fix via firmware update. I accepted their response and came back home. Since I already had mobile service set up for this Thursday (which was yesterday), I decided to check their response too. I heard from someone here on this forum that changing screen helped cure this issue. I sent the videos of my problem and what do you know. The technician thought it was screen issue as well. She brought a brand new screen and had it replaced. Since the replacing yesterday, my screen has been fine so far (knock on woods).

I guess my point is I just can't really trust BP SC anymore. I mean WTF.. They should've done this from the beginning! I really feel they don't know *sugar*, period.

Anyways, I really hope you get your car back sooner than later, and in perfect condition. They shouldn't be doing that to your brand new car.. Really sucks.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Well...... just received a call today from the BP SC and they now have to replace the main computer..... I told them this when I dropped it off. This is the frustrating part. Now I'm pissed! Made my first car payment today and the SC has had it longer than I!!! I know, it needs to be fixed but come on!!!!! I'm in service and I do whatever it takes to keep the customer happy. 2.5 weeks is excessive for a new car. I told them if they can't fix it but Monday, I want a new car! Hell I even tweeted Elon Musk (doubt he will see it but who knows) just to feel better. Any ways..... hope you all have a great weekend. Thank for allowing me to vent yet again.

Well, you're at least driving a car that's significantly more expensive than your own ... so that's some solace.

Yes, it's frustrating, but at least they got you into a nice loaner car. Heck of a lot better than saying "Here are some Uber credits, good luck!"

Well, you're at least driving a car that's significantly more expensive than your own ... so that's some solace.

Yes, it's frustrating, but at least they got you into a nice loaner car. Heck of a lot better than saying "Here are some Uber credits, good luck!"

True I’m driving a model S but they have it locked in “chill” mode and the auto pilot is disabled. I know first world problems but man I really want my car back!