Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to buy new OEM wheels after damaged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets say two of my wheels were damage, how would I get them brand new again from tesla.com when they only say wheels in a pack of fours? Would that I mean I would have to get it from other Tesla users who are willing to sell them? I was debating on getting the new Tesla Model 3 track package, but was wondering if something were to happen to one of my wheels, how would I order a replacement without having to buy 4 new wheels.

Thanks

Why would you ever keep the stock wheels? Especially at $700 a wheel? the stock wheels in 20" weigh 28 lbs per corner!!!

There are wheels that cost much less and weight 10 lbs less and are stronger than stock, available at $500 per wheel in 18", $650 per in wheel in 19" and $800 per wheel in 20", with Lifetime Structural Warranty and superior construction/weight:

T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel in 18", 19" and 20" in stock

Tesla Model 3/Y 19 Inch MW03 Forged Wheels in 18" and 19" in stock

Frankly these should be stock on the P3D+ and P3D-, or something with similar specs.

Last edited:
Why would you ever keep the stock wheels? Especially at $700 a wheel? the stock wheels in 20" weigh 28 lbs per corner!!!

There are wheels that cost much less and weight 10 lbs less and are stronger than stock, available at $500 per wheel in 18", $650 per in wheel in 19" and $800 per wheel in 20", with Lifetime Structural Warranty and superior construction/weight:

T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel in 18", 19" and 20" in stock

Tesla Model 3/Y 19 Inch MW03 Forged Wheels in 18" and 19" in stock

Frankly these should be stock on the P3D+ and P3D-, or something with similar specs.

Because I like the look of 20's and Im looking to change my stock P3D+ wheels to the new Tesla Track wheels but 5.5K is alot so Im thinking about waiting a while to buy some used ones. I like the T-S5 have looked into them but for a 20' square fitment it was 3.2K, I think ima wait for the used market on the new track wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I wonder how much it would cost for the wheels (new track wheels) if I wanted to buy them separately without the other track package aka fluid, brakes lol.

The stock 20s are like $720, or $740 or $750 a wheel. I dont remember the exact number, but I DO remember it was at least $7XX. Unfortunately I have had to buy 2 of them due to damage from potholes (and 2 tires).

I didnt buy aftermarket because this was pothole damage, and I needed to get moving again... and I am waiting for the referral award wheels. I happen to like what they are supposed to look like, so I will be putting them on.

Anyway, OP, plan on them being at LEAST as much as the stock 20s, but I am sure you will be able to buy them from the service center, like I did the stock 20s on 2 separate occasions.

Yea I curbed mine too :eek:
I realise this isn't what the OP is after, but FWIW I curbed two of mine* and had them repaired. Can't tell. In fact the job is so good I thought they must have painted the undamaged ones to make them match.

It made me feel a little better that this was only 2 months after the 3 started shipping here, and I was their 3rd customer.

* It was me, 100%.

Reactions: T Slaw
I know this isn't a wheel but it's related in a way - recently a family member's dog destroyed the rear pass seatbelt in the car so I went online to look for salvaged parts (google is your friend). Found a place in minutes, ordered the part and it was at the house in 2 days.

Might be an option since salvaged parts are often fine and maybe 1/2 off depending, from new.

• Funny
Reactions: dmurphy
Lets say two of my wheels were damage, how would I get them brand new again from tesla.com when they only say wheels in a pack of fours? Would that I mean I would have to get it from other Tesla users who are willing to sell them? I was debating on getting the new Tesla Model 3 track package, but was wondering if something were to happen to one of my wheels, how would I order a replacement without having to buy 4 new wheels.

Thanks
If you don't need new, eBay has several from which to choose, all at or under $200 each (if you don't mind a little curb rash):

Just to note a few...

I know this isn't a wheel but it's related in a way - recently a family member's dog destroyed the rear pass seatbelt in the car so I went online to look for salvaged parts (google is your friend). Found a place in minutes, ordered the part and it was at the house in 2 days.

Might be an option since salvaged parts are often fine and maybe 1/2 off depending, from new.

I had the exact same thing happen, except it was my own little beast.

I figured it was a safety-critical part so I had Mobile Service come out and replace it rather than an eBay part. Cost me $150 for parts & labor. Thought that was quite fair.

Attachments

• 9C3347F6-86F8-4EC4-A2F5-5E85003AD71B.jpeg
    9C3347F6-86F8-4EC4-A2F5-5E85003AD71B.jpeg
    718.7 KB · Views: 334
  • A8B09F35-F67F-4559-AFCB-510A4083BF9A.jpeg
    A8B09F35-F67F-4559-AFCB-510A4083BF9A.jpeg
    870.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Funny
Reactions: Adam3