Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

where to buy new tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tire Rack! Online. Set of four top-of-the line for around $1000. We're NOT talking racing slicks or other silliness, just good tires for daily driving that will last 40,000 miles or more. Tires I order are usually here the next day, and I throw them in the back of the car for taking to my favorite tire store for installation, at a cost of an additional $100 or so. As always, YMMV. Any ordinary tire shop can put tires on correctly, as their business depends on it, and yes, they know how to jack up Teslas. They've been doing mine since 2012.

Our nearest America's Tire / Discount Tire has been good to our S P85 over the years, no issues with them that I recall.

Our nearest Big O Tires was NOT good. Well first visit was good, but 2nd visit was sloppy work, they put on spacers that were too thick and rubbed and didn't rotate the wheels like they said they would. To be fair they were also overworked and were nice just to fit us in last minute after a flat, but they wasted their own time doing the job wrong and having to correct it. As best I can tell they have some good techs and some not good, we had to go back to the good tech from our first visit to fix the work of the bad tech.

I'll be taking our new M3P to America's Tire for its first tire shop visit soon. Out with the pretty but impractical uberturbines, in with forged 18s. :)

Tire Rack themselves is good, but you still need a good local shop to do the mounting and balancing. Many years ago pre-Tesla I used Tire Rack with local shops, but America's Tire usually works out cheaper for us these days.

Another vote for Discount Tire / America's Tire (depends where you live, they are the same company). However, do your due diligence before you buy, as they will match anybody's prices (including installation and shipping).

I'll be taking our new M3P to America's Tire for its first tire shop visit soon. Out with the pretty but impractical uberturbines, in with forged 18s. :)
Got that done today. Everything went smoothly, I'll keep my recommendation for America's Tire / Discount Tire.

Only minor issue is they ended up using a lot of weights on one of the wheels, and maybe that could have been avoided by repositioning the tire or pairing that tire with a different wheel. The actual balancing seems perfectly good though, no signs of any issues during today's driving.