Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to buy Tesla model Y license plate mount in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I just installed PPF on my car and the guy told me to buy license plate mount and do not stick it again as it will fall and can also ruin the PPF.

Any idea where to buy a front license plate in Canada. I see some discussion suggesting the ones which are in US , so it become very expensive. I found something on Amazon but with low reviews.

Mine came off in the car wash recently and I ordered the Quick Bandit because I think its silly to use double sided tape to hold the licence plate.
Did that as well.
You can use promo code FTG for 10% discount.

They ship by Fedex, I am sure I am going to get hit by the stupid duty and brokerage though.

Upvote 0
Under $8 USD and very sturdy , easy to remove also. No drilling , no sticking

20220308_165053.jpg
20220308_165112.jpg

Upvote 0
Anyone ever used Slipsream Bracket?
I haven't personally used it, but I recently met someone who does. I checked out the bracket, and it seems super solid. The bracket seemed very secure in the louvers, plus it is made of aluminum, versus the Snapplate and Quick Bandit, which are some sort of plastic. I asked him to show me how to remove and install it, but he had locked the license plate frame, and he did not bring the tool with him to unlock the frame.

I instead tried a knockoff Slipstream (sold on eBay and Aliexpress for about $20). Not as elegant a product as the real Slipstream, the Snapplate or Quick Bandit, for that matter, but, for $20. It gets the job done. Took 5 minutes to put on, and it feels pretty secure on the louvers.

Upvote 0
I haven't personally used it, but I recently met someone who does. I checked out the bracket, and it seems super solid. The bracket seemed very secure in the louvers, plus it is made of aluminum, versus the Snapplate and Quick Bandit, which are some sort of plastic. I asked him to show me how to remove and install it, but he had locked the license plate frame, and he did not bring the tool with him to unlock the frame.

I instead tried a knockoff Slipstream (sold on eBay and Aliexpress for about $20). Not as elegant a product as the real Slipstream, the Snapplate or Quick Bandit, for that matter, but, for $20. It gets the job done. Took 5 minutes to put on, and it feels pretty secure on the louvers.
Can you link to it?

The cost of these license plate holders is obscene. The one from Etsy was $10+$20 shipping and is literally two screws and a couple wing nuts.

Put it on but it isn’t the greatest.

Upvote 0
Can you link to it?

The cost of these license plate holders is obscene. The one from Etsy was $10+$20 shipping and is literally two screws and a couple wing nuts.

Put it on but it isn’t the greatest.
Sure. This is the particular one I got for $26.28, but, after I placed my order, I realized I could have gotten it for less at Aliexpress, such as this one for $16.93. I'm guessing all of these products are, in essence, the same.

If I have one criticism, the rubber pads (shown in IMG_4661) were constantly coming off, presumably since it was applied at the point where the frame bends, and the adhesive isn't strong enough to keep it in place.

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpg
    IMG_4659.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4660.jpg
    IMG_4660.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4661.jpg
    IMG_4661.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Reactions: xls_
Upvote 0
Get the Quick Bandit. I know it's expensive, but it's quality. I got a different one earlier, and it fell off on the highway. Luckily heavy traffic jam, I turned around put my hazard lights on and got out into traffic and grabbed it. My one mistake was having PIN to drive on. Took a few extra seconds to continue driving... Thankfully no one honked, nor did i get run over.

Upvote 0