Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to buy the NEMA 14-50 female socket?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried Clipsal direct, Middy's, L&H, all with no luck. Any ideas where I can source one?

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 1.04.36 PM.png

If you're in Australia, why do you want a NEMA socket? The equipment supplied by Tesla in Australia does not use NEMA plugs. The standard one provided uses a normal Australian 10A plug. EVnomics is the best source for Australia specific charging equipment beyond what is provided by Tesla. This includes J1772 to Tesla adapters, 3-phase Australian plug adapters for the Tesla Mobile Connector, etc. I believe they also import 32A 3-phase portable EVSE from Europe for Australian customers. However, that is not on their web site.

• Informative
Reactions: strykeroz
Aha! That's why I can't find them :)

So the charger just plugs straight into our typical three pin socket?
View attachment 195079
Yep. It plugs straight in. Tesla also has their hard wired Wall Connector available in single phase and three phase models available at extra cost in Australia. You can also special order the European 16A Red three phase adapter for the Mobile connector and EVnomics can supply the Clipsal adapter tails to connect to Australian industrial sockets.

I just looked at the Australian version of Tesla.com and it was woefully lacking information about home charging.