Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeff Wa

Mar 17, 2020
Albany NY
Hey folks...

The following are the original wheel information and I have been unable to find a source that are not incredibly expensive . I plan on getting a new set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 3 R SUV for the winter. My local tire shop price for a new wheel in $250 and form the tire $305 (looking for a better price on those).

Any leads?
  • Size: 19x9.5" Front & Rear
  • Offset: +45
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 29.6 lbs

• Funny
Reactions: Linksys

VTElectric

Jun 2, 2020
Vermont
Hey folks...

The following are the original wheel information and I have been unable to find a source that are not incredibly expensive . I plan on getting a new set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 3 R SUV for the winter. My local tire shop price for a new wheel in $250 and form the tire $305 (looking for a better price on those).

Any leads?
I’m in the same boat and I know very little about wheels but would it make sense to get a rim that is narrower than 9.5” to have a little better winter traction and maybe a cheaper winter tire?

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
You'll also need to factor in the cost for mounting, balancing and the Bluetooth TPMS sensors. I fully expect Tesla to offer a 19" winter tire package this fall. It might be cost competitive with higher-end options, and likely more convenient, but I'm sure you'll be able to find cheaper wheels and tires if you want to optimize for cost.

Jeff Wa

Mar 17, 2020
Albany NY
I’m in the same boat and I know very little about wheels but would it make sense to get a rim that is narrower than 9.5” to have a little better winter traction and maybe a cheaper winter tire?
I would be very happy with a narrower wheel, but I’m not sure if it would fit the brakes. The Nokian people advised not to use a minus size wheel due to the possibility that it would effect the range. I’m not sure so I figured OEM size wheel and better winter tire.

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
Hey folks...

Any leads?
Here’s a winter wheel/tire package
Tesla Model Y 19

MY2Ski

Jun 2, 2020
Portland, OR
How about going down to 18x8.5 for winter tires? A1Tesla showed that the Martian wheels were able to fit on MYPUP and this would get us more sidewall and potentially a narrower tire. I have Nokian WR G4's 235/55R18 on my RDX right now that would work and are within 0.5% (0.2") of the OEM 19's and have a 104 load rating.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC