Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to Charge in Calgary?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the assumption that the Supercharger will not be in place in Calgary anytime soon, where is the best place to charge in Calgary on our way through next summer? Plugshare does not show any Chademo or other high speed chargers in the area and I am perplexed as to what my real options are if I don't want to stop for hours on end. Does the Tesla store offer any charging to Tesla owners on their way through? If not, where are the fastest chargers that are available to the public?

Problem is Plugshare is not showing anything high speed so I am wondering if anyone has any tips outside of Plugshare.
If Plugshare isn't showing any, there aren't any. But there should be lots of L2 chargers. And Calgary is only 100km East from the Canmore Supercharger. There are options, but an underground network of unadvertised fast chargers isn't one of them.

• Funny
Reactions: doubeld
This is what I was hoping to find out about. The faster destination chargers that people know of off hand. That and whether the Tesla service centre/sales centres allow customer charging.
Off the top of my head, there's only 3 spots in Calgary that have 80A HPWC:
  • Wyndham Garden, 11 Freeport Crescent, Calgary (it's a hotel but you can use their restaurant for lunch)
  • Carl's Junior, 2791 32 Ave NE, Calgary
  • Chinook Mall, NorthEast entrance, turn right, drive to end, turn left (there are 6 chargers, but they tend to be occupied by their vehicles; however, in a pinch, I've heard they will move a car for you to charge if you come on in and explain you need power for your trip)
  • Although not technically Calgary, if you're heading through going south, you can also charge in Okotoks (5 Elizabeth St, Okotoks)
Everything else, to my knowledge is 48A (IKEA, 8000 11 St SE, Calgary) or lower. I know a couple more 80A spots, but they require that you stay overnight in Hotel's. I suggest you check out Plugshare for that list though.