Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to charge in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm travelling to Tuscaloosa and PlugShare shows very few charging locations. It looks like I'll have barely enough range to get to Tuscaloosa after charging to 100% in Chattanooga and driving the speed limit or less. I'm thinking of stopping in Birmingham to add a little range. PlugShare shows a J1772 charger at the McWane Center and a NEMA 14-50 outlet at the Munger Building at Five Points South. Any advice on these options?

Second problem is charging up enough in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham to get back to Chattanooga next week. I see a couple of chargers at the University of Alabama parking lot and nice things written about the Sunset RV Park which is likely my first option in Tuscaloosa. I'm thinking about spending the morning of the return trip at the McWane Center while charging. What do you think?

I don't have a Chademo. I'm travelling with my family so a long charging stop is better if there is something to do like a movie or the McWane Center.

Any tips and local knowledge would be much appreciated!