TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where to clip for child seat

Discussion in 'Model S' started by 647chang, Mar 21, 2015.

1. 647chang

647chang Member

I have a 2 year old and when I went to install the child seat (2nd row) I notice there isn't a clip for the top porrtion. I went ahead and attach the bottom sides, but couldn't a place were I could hook into for the top of the child seat.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

If you're referring to the upper LATCH attachment, you feed the strap over the top of the seat (straddle the headrest). On the back of the seat, about halfway down, there is a small slit in the fabric. The hook is found under this slit.

3. 647chang

647chang Member

Found it. It was hidden very well

4. eco5280

eco5280 Member

Just an FYI about keeping them rear-facing, you may want to consider it. They used to say "Rear for a year", now it's as long as possible because it's infinitely safer for them. Mine is approaching 4 yrs old and still rear facing and has never complained. Some guides are recommending through age five. Something to think about.

5. JMG

JMG Member

Agreed, I did a ton of research on this and the longer the better. I believe in Europe they require rear facing until age 3 (not positive) and they have much better child safety statistics in car crashes as a result. Mine was rear facing until almost 3, and I eventually lost out to peer pressure (or spousal pressure...).

6. bigT

bigT New Member

#6 bigT, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    A good video of child seats in 2nd and 3rd row of Model X

7. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Definitely go rear facing for as long as possible. I drive every day in a rear facing seat. At age 30 you can switch to a booster. Seriously though, to each his own. I spin those suckers around forward as soon as they don't seem like squishy babies anymore (around 1.5 years). I can't stand rear facing seats.

More on topic, on my test drive of a Model S, I didn't think there was a 3rd LATCH point. Then I researched it, found out there was one, went back out to my test drive car, and STILL COULDN'T FIND IT! It's hidden well. A little too well. They should tailor a hem on it so it's easier to find, but still stylish.

8. davidc18

davidc18 Member

Thanks for the heads up on where the back latch was hidden.