Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where To Commit Personal Funds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I want to phrase this very delicately, and ask that everyone keep their responses civil here, because I want serious feedback but I don't want this thread getting shut down.

In light of recent events, I feel support will be needed more than ever in the days ahead for protection of the environment and civil liberties. I originally had plans to commit funds over the next couple of years to things like installing rooftop solar and getting new energy efficient windows for my home. But now I'm debating where this money will do the most good, and whether or not it might be better spent on political activism. I'm curious to see if any of you have any thoughts on where my financial resources are better spent. I know it's a personal choice that is ultimately up to me, but if you have any thoughts, I would take them under consideration.

Thank you.

Scott

• Helpful
Reactions: ModelX
If it were me, I'd get rooftop solar and even a micro-wind turbine so I could generate greater than 100% of my energy needs, plus get money back from my utility. Double or triple-pane energy efficient windows are also a great idea.

In addition, why not send friendly e-mails to your representatives, including to President-elect Trump explaining the reasons why you support solar/wind/EVs (free energy, zero emissions, helping to grow environmentally friendly businesses, etc.)? This would be free for you, and the more people that show support for the important issues like these, the better.

I agree. I have my beliefs, and other people have their beliefs. I don't argue politics online, or rarely in person. It's pointless. Why waste my breath to try to convince someone why I think they're wrong? I like learning and listening to people's opinions from both sides (well, I guess all 3 sides, I seem to have an every growing number of libertarian friends), but I personally don't waste my breath explaining why I think something is right/wrong.

So with that being said, I'd go forward with your original plan.