Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to do window tint in GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had mine done at Eclipse Tinting (all my cars were done there). Eclipse Tint

Had xpel ceramic tint done on door windows and rear. Did not tint the roof glass and windshield (roof was not recommended as it was pretinted from factory, windshield was refused as there are many reports of fried MCUs).

Justin is very professional and good at his trade. He does the rear in two pieces of tint, however, the way he joins them is such that the seam is not visible unless you are looking less than 20cm away and looking for the seam, definitely not visible from outside.

I was present during the entire tinting process and he did not have any trouble tinting my model 3. Would definitely recommend and will go back there for future vehicles. Only disappointment was when he told me he would not do the windshield due to the risks of frying the MCU.

Had mine done at Eclipse Tinting (all my cars were done there). Eclipse Tint

Had xpel ceramic tint done on door windows and rear. Did not tint the roof glass and windshield (roof was not recommended as it was pretinted from factory, windshield was refused as there are many reports of fried MCUs).

Justin is very professional and good at his trade. He does the rear in two pieces of tint, however, the way he joins them is such that the seam is not visible unless you are looking less than 20cm away and looking for the seam, definitely not visible from outside.

I was present during the entire tinting process and he did not have any trouble tinting my model 3. Would definitely recommend and will go back there for future vehicles. Only disappointment was when he told me he would not do the windshield due to the risks of frying the MCU.

curious what was your price
thanks

Anyone has cracking rear glass after tinting?
When I did my tinting at Do It Right Tints they recommended I don’t do a one piece at the back because of cracking. They also charged over double the price for the back if I did it in one. He said something about the heat being trapped in the film and with such a big surface area it cracks. I just said okay since they’re the pros but it has me think why my roof doesn’t crack.

• Disagree
Reactions: akidesir
When I did my tinting at Do It Right Tints they recommended I don’t do a one piece at the back because of cracking. They also charged over double the price for the back if I did it in one. He said something about the heat being trapped in the film and with such a big surface area it cracks. I just said okay since they’re the pros but it has me think why my roof doesn’t crack.

did a day of googling up the issue, seems like the last post about it in 2019 June. No one is privlem with it anymore? Anyone has 2019 cars that has cracked back window??

Im contemplating if I should get xpel in one piece or not. If it’s a glass defect that’s fixed, then I can go with the most heat rejection.

remember the new glass doesn’t turn red anymore when red? Wonder if it’s related, new glass process lost the red tint, but less prone to cracking. Maybe the layer of red tint expand/contract at a different rate from the glass rate so it cracks when heated up?

My understanding is that the issue was with the 2018 glass. The issue has been fixed and it coincides with the newer glass no longer having that orange hue when wet. Not impossible to say it won't happen with the new glass, but not a known issue like with the previous glass

did a day of googling up the issue, seems like the last post about it in 2019 June. No one is privlem with it anymore? Anyone has 2019 cars that has cracked back window??

Im contemplating if I should get xpel in one piece or not. If it’s a glass defect that’s fixed, then I can go with the most heat rejection.

remember the new glass doesn’t turn red anymore when red? Wonder if it’s related, new glass process lost the red tint, but less prone to cracking. Maybe the layer of red tint expand/contract at a different rate from the glass rate so it cracks when heated up?

Finally got to it
At smart details now.
They are really friendly and professional. Took the extra time to explain about the tints to me.

Attachments

• 7D476E79-488E-4849-B14D-EA49C72B4B69.jpeg
    7D476E79-488E-4849-B14D-EA49C72B4B69.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: akidesir