Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where To Find Insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The loan comparison post was really helpful.
But where do people get insurance?

Male, perfect driving record for 20+ years (no ticket, no accident), perfect credit.
I'm getting 200/m for medium coverage... even with the discount from home insurance combined.

I not in CA so I can't get the Tesla's insurance, and I'm currently with Geico and they suck!

Male, perfect driving record for 20+ years (no ticket, no accident), perfect credit.
I'm getting 200/m for medium coverage... even with the discount from home insurance combined.

I not in CA so I can't get the Tesla's insurance, and I'm currently with Geico and they suck!

The insurance I had was going to increase my rate by over $1000 in a year.

My new guy Jason Riha brought me back down and now I am back to normal.

Jason Riha Owner/Producer(708) 880-7040 | DIRECT
1-800-474-1377 | SERVICE
18700 South Wolf Road, Suite 225
Mokena, Il 60448
www.goosehead.com | [email protected]

Edit: My bad, you were looking for insurance. I live in Seattle too and Progressive was the best price that I could find.
----------------------------------------------------------
A lot of people have been saying that they are getting 2.89% from Bank of America recently. Might be worth giving it a shot.

Last edited:
An insurance broker can solicit quotes from multiple insurance companies for you to compare. Or you can do the work yourself by calling a number of different companies. There is no right answer to this question as insurance pricing varies substantially from person to person and state to state.

For reference, I'm in my early 30s, married, clean driving record for 17+ years, bundling insurance with homeowners condo insurance, and a couple of other existing cars.

Fairly standard coverage for everything and M3 Performance is ~$130/month to insure with State Farm. Tesla insurance comes in about $25/month lower than that with their initial terms, but when you adjust the Tesla provided default coverage to match what State Farm would provide, it ended up being only ~$5/month cheaper. And since I was adding a car, I could drop rental car coverage on another older car, and that closed the gap completely.

Biggest departure from my current plans vs Tesla-provided insurance were the comprehensive deductible ($500 vs 250), and rental car max coverage (big delta on this one).

(And on the loan front, I got 2.39% for 72 months at BofA, which I used to initiate Tesla Rate match.)

I received about 7 quotes and all of them were above $250/month... except Progressive which offered me $110/month. Full coverage of course. Previously I was paying $130/month just for PIP with Geico on a 2006 salvage title sedan. Glad I'm done with all that. Single, 30s, perfect driving record, middling credit score.

My 3 was with happily with Ameriprise for two years based on the forums. I didn't make any claims (decided not to make a claim when the car wash broke my rear windshield but I couldn't prove it), but loved their helpful customer service. They have recently been bought out by much lower rated American Family, and their customer service seems worse to me. I switched to Tesla Insurance and saved $300/6 mos plus the Costco membership I only used for the Ameriprise discount. Tesla doesn't cover some things exactly the same, but I maxed out the available coverage limits with both companies.

I have mine through Progressive.

Joe