Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get a Tesla Nema 14-50 adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you know where to buy the Tesla Nema 14-50 adapter? Tesla is out of stock and we will be going to two campgrounds. One is in WV, with not many charging options.

The evseadapters page is also out of stock for the TT-30. TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3/Y Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

Any idea where to find either of these, preferably on Amazon, if possible?

One campground has 50A and 30A. The other campground said they would let me "plug in." I'm not sure into what though, so I will contact them today.

Thanks.

I've never bought an adapter, as I've made all of my own by buying the appropriate plug and outlet from The Home Depot and wiring them together with the desired length of 6-3 w/ground, also from The Home Depot. If you know how to operate a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, this should not be hard. It also allows for longer lengths of wire, so one of my extension cords is 24' long, just right from the garage wall to my car's charge port. Plus, making your own is a BUNCH cheaper than buying it from Tesla. As long as you haven't lost your owner's manual for the pliers and screwdriver, you should have no trouble.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Why can you only buy the multipack of adapters from Tesla. I just need the 14-50. They have some sketchy ones on Amazon, but the seller rating has 1 star and the seller rating says they are stolen goods?
What do you mean? You can buy the 14-50 by itself.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and Noflash
What do you mean? You can buy the 14-50 by itself.

Ugh, I'm an idiot. Every time I searched and saw that default picture of the 3 prong adapter, I assumed Tesla was forcing me to buy the multi-pack if I wanted the 14-50.

Thanks 🤪