Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get an Alignment? [in florida]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 2020 Model 3, just had new tires installed and it seems no one that I've found yet in this area wants to do an alignment on a Tesla. I keep hearing we don't have the software to do a 2020 etc.

I'm sure this question has been asked before and I've read a number of threads on it so forgive me if I missed the answer if it's out there. Anyone know of any shops that are competent in doing an alignment on a Tesla. I can get to the service center in Orlando or Electrified Garage in Ocala but I'd rather not be forced to take a day off work to do it.

I've got a 2020 Model 3, just had new tires installed and it seems no one that I've found yet in this area wants to do an alignment on a Tesla. I keep hearing we don't have the software to do a 2020 etc.

I'm sure this question has been asked before and I've read a number of threads on it so forgive me if I missed the answer if it's out there. Anyone know of any shops that are competent in doing an alignment on a Tesla. I can get to the service center in Orlando or Electrified Garage in Ocala but I'd rather not be forced to take a day off work to do it.

If there are any speedshops/hotrod shops in your area try those. They are fine with doing custom alignments so won't care if they don't have official specs, and are free to charge more if the car takes more time to align so are likely to be happy to do the work. That is what worked for me!

Reactions: George75
Thanks, that's what I started trying, smaller shops, ones that deal with imports and/or sports cars. I eventually found one and cancelled the appointment at Tesla. Hopefully more shops will start offering the service.

I found a shop (highly recommended), said they have worked on Tesla's in the past and can do the alignment however now it feels like it's pulling slightly to the left when I drive it. When it was test driven at the shop, on the dashcam video they where on a straight stretch of road and it was drifting to the left but there was also a turn lane and the driver may have been impatient. However my efficiency has improved so I'm not 100% sure if it was just off for a while and I was just used to and compensating. I probably should have taken a day off work and driven to Ocala and paid Electrified Garage.

If anyone knows where to get the specs for a Model 3 alignment that would be most appreciated. I'll drive a bit more and I may go back just to have things double checked.

I found a shop (highly recommended), said they have worked on Tesla's in the past and can do the alignment however now it feels like it's pulling slightly to the left when I drive it. When it was test driven at the shop, on the dashcam video they where on a straight stretch of road and it was drifting to the left but there was also a turn lane and the driver may have been impatient. However my efficiency has improved so I'm not 100% sure if it was just off for a while and I was just used to and compensating. I probably should have taken a day off work and driven to Ocala and paid Electrified Garage.

If anyone knows where to get the specs for a Model 3 alignment that would be most appreciated. I'll drive a bit more and I may go back just to have things double checked.
Wheres the shop?

Had a similar experience in Alabama (no service center) where my local Tesla friendly tire shop would do the alignment and it was just never perfect. When I moved to Tampa area, I had the service center do it and its been perfect for 2 years.

Reactions: George75
Had a similar experience in Alabama (no service center) where my local Tesla friendly tire shop would do the alignment and it was just never perfect. When I moved to Tampa area, I had the service center do it and its been perfect for 2 years.
I probably won't be going back to that place on second thougs, after I saw the dash cam footage of the owner "test driving" my car. He almost rear ended someone. It I didn't have valet mode on he moar definitely would have.

Still stick by that? I’m here in Tampa looking for alignment and I JUST got
Mine done at tesla 3 weeks ago, so trying to see if it’s worth saving a few bucks or going right back to tesla.

Still stick by that? I’m here in Tampa looking for alignment and I JUST got
Mine done at tesla 3 weeks ago, so trying to see if it’s worth saving a few bucks or going right back to tesla.
I haven’t had to have it done since moving here a few years ago. When I do need tires I’ll probably go with Costco and only have alignment done by Tesla only if it needs it.

I know this was an old post but its a popular google search that comes up about an aligment in Orlando for a Tesla. I want to put my 2 cents in to help anyone that had my situation, and I made an account just to post this.

I recently got the runaround by Firestone about my 2018 Tesla Model 3 this week and was about to give up and just go to the horrendous service center here. Firestone made me wait 2 hours for an aligment, gave me a crooked steering wheel, got it redone, crooked but the other way, rescheduled me to then just refuse and refund me. Thats after ive already tried like 5 stores and they all refused to work on a Tesla. Maitland Tire Company off of Orlando Ave did my alignment this morning and it took less than 30 mintues. They were very confident on that they have worked on Bentlys, Lamborghinis, ect.. It took less than 30 minutes for a walk-in, was over 100 dollars less than what the service center wanted, my wh/mi have gotten better, my car actually feels like it drives better, and importantly, my wheel isn't crooked anymore.

Looking for suggestions in West Palm Beach.
Have used the Firestones for other vehicles with moderate to terrible results on more modern vehicles than 2010, so would prefer to stay away from them.

Haven't had an alignment since new, now approaching 70K miles and noticing a slight pull. Tires all wearing good still though.

Thanks.

Looking for suggestions in West Palm Beach.
Have used the Firestones for other vehicles with moderate to terrible results on more modern vehicles than 2010, so would prefer to stay away from them.

Haven't had an alignment since new, now approaching 70K miles and noticing a slight pull. Tires all wearing good still though.

Thanks.
Got see Ethan at Abaco Auto. He is in Jupiter. He is a former Tesla and Mercedes Benz Certified Mechanic that opened his own shop. Prices are great and service is even better. Can't go wrong. Tell him Jason Ward sent you.

Abaco Auto

Reactions: TGuy2024