Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get an decent sim card for OVMS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

xytor

Roadster #221
Jan 13, 2015
Seattle
I have OVMS but no longer have a sim card for it. H20 randomly deactivated my sim card, so I don't want to use them, and TMobile doesn't have a plan cheaper than $40/mo that has data.
Is there any company (that operates in Seattle) that provides a small amount of cheap data/text for the OVMS to work properly?

A bit off topic, but any indication as to why H2O deactivated you? I've been on them for a few months now, since the ATT prepaid debacle...
I thought H2O used the ATT network? Anyway, the problem isn't that they deactivated me (as I had forgotten to refill it for a month or two). The problem is that they took away my phone number and made it imossible for me to reactivate that sim card, so I'd need to get another one. That's what made me mad.

I thought H2O used the ATT network? Anyway, the problem isn't that they deactivated me (as I had forgotten to refill it for a month or two). The problem is that they took away my phone number and made it imossible for me to reactivate that sim card, so I'd need to get another one. That's what made me mad.

Reasonable to be upset about that.

I was asking because I was wondering if H2O was doing something similar to what ATT's GoPhone service did a few months back to OVMS users (forced us to high rate plans) -- which it appears they're not (yet). You're correct, H2O does use ATT's network.