Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get caliper covers installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about getting red caliper covers. Who can I get to install them?

Guy from Syracuse actually did it himself, looks easy and probably any shop that works on brakes can do it. Biggest thing I would be cautious of is wheel and rotor clearance and making sure they use RED loctite/thread locker for the nuts on the bolts which this guy doesn't show. But having worked on jeeps for a few years you should use thread locker on brake component bolts as these take the most vibration abuse... Tesla given uses mostly regenerative braking so it shouldn't be as bad. Just my 2 cents.... I'm sure others would disagree but whatever, I would absolutely use thread locker on the caliper covers, if they come undone they will jam up your wheel and shred your wheel and brake components.

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus
I bought red caliper covers for my model Tesla 3 year 2021. They are from Amazon and they look as "close to original" as meets the eye.
Not flat and rounded odd shape as many being sold online
Where can I get them installed in Los Angeles. I live in Pasadena, California.?

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus
Its super easy with the caliper covers. Just take the wheels off and its just one screw with the cover.

As someone who has BBK's on previous cars, I LOVE how these look behind these wheels.
Purchased from RPM Tesla.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 3.37.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 3.37.10 PM.png

Last edited:
Its super easy with the caliper covers. Just take the wheels off and its just one screw with the cover.

As someone who has BBK's on previous cars, I LOVE how these look behind these wheels.
Purchased from RPM Tesla.

View attachment 684600View attachment 684601

These look so much better than the typical flat ones that I see on most Mustangs and Camaros.

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus and Hustle