Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get it painted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my S with over 65000 miles on it has several white dots that are "peeking" through the black paint.
Bought the official Tesla paint touch up bottle.

Tesla refuse to touch it, sent me to their local authorized body shop.

They want nothing to do with it citing too small a job. Told me to go to a detailer.

Detailer wont touch it.

They said body shop. Took it to two, they won't touch it.

Where have others here had it done? I do not trust myself to do it!

I don't know how much you are thinking of spending, and I'm not sure which panel we are discussing, but I replaced two panels on my BMW M Roadster over the years, one for rust and one for my wife scraping hard against a high curb. BMW says "it's not going to be cheap. We have to get those panels from Germany. They come in unpainted. We apply 3 coats of primer, 15 coats of paint and 5 layers of clear-coat (or something like that). That's going to run you.... oh... $600." I say "That's great. Get 'er done." Maybe you need to look into replacing the panel entirely rather than repairing it. Just so you know.

Yup. Did some research this AM. Two body shops told me the crap Tesla insisted I use will look worse than the current white dots.
I think nose cone comes in black?
But hood to paint they're quoting $500.
They also tell me Tesla will not sell them body parts but will if, I complain loud enough, sell parts directly to me? True?