Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get tires installed near Columbia, MD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made it 28K miles on the Continentals that came on the 21" twin turbine staggered set. Almost down to the wear bars, so its time for another set. Was hoping I would get two years out of the tires, but did not make it.
I just moved the Columbia area recently, and have not had to use any tires shops here yet. I've some shops are afraid of working on Tesla's because of damaging the battery. I've heard some are ignorant to the difference, and just damage the battery. The Tesla dealer in Owings Mills is not too far from me.
Am I better off just having Tesla replacing the tires and doing the alignment for me? I already need to go there for a DRL replacement. I've ordered tires off of Tirerack before, but I wonder about the savings sometimes, cause you still have to pay to have them mounted and balanced, and sometimes a disposal fee for the old tire.
Just how much more expensive would it be to have Tesla do it, vs a local shop that knows how to handle Tesla?

I had a tire replaced on my 2017 S100D at the Owings Mills Tesla center, both for the reasons you mentioned (concern about traditional tire services not knowing what they are doing with a Tesla) and my previous very satisfactory experiences at Owings Mills. I was able to wait while the work was done, which was good as I live about 45 miles away. So, yeah, in much the same position you were, I went with Tesla.