Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get tires? Staggered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I poked around, if you're set on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, you're out of luck. Seems everyone is out of the 245/35R21 and 265/35R21 tires in the T0 Tesla spec (i.e. with the sound reduction foam).

I found the 245/35R21 available at TireRack without the sound reduction foam, but apparently the 265/35R21 isn't available without it.

I would have recommended using the PIlot Sport 4S instead of the Super Sports, as the 4S is newer and performs even better than the Super Sport, but the 4S is not available in 21" sizes yet.

Your only other options would be the Pilot Sport PS2, the Continental ContisportContact 5P, and the Pirelli P Zero 4. The PS2 is an older model tire, it would be outperformed by the others. The ContiportContact 5P has sound reduction foam in it, and was used as the OEM tire by Tesla for a while, so it's a good performer. The Pirelli P Zero 4 is brand new and is meant to compete with the Pilot Sport 4S, that's probably the tire I'd choose if you couldn't wait.

I poked around, if you're set on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, you're out of luck. Seems everyone is out of the 245/35R21 and 265/35R21 tires in the T0 Tesla spec (i.e. with the sound reduction foam).

I found the 245/35R21 available at TireRack without the sound reduction foam, but apparently the 265/35R21 isn't available without it.

I would have recommended using the PIlot Sport 4S instead of the Super Sports, as the 4S is newer and performs even better than the Super Sport, but the 4S is not available in 21" sizes yet.

Your only other options would be the Pilot Sport PS2, the Continental ContisportContact 5P, and the Pirelli P Zero 4. The PS2 is an older model tire, it would be outperformed by the others. The ContiportContact 5P has sound reduction foam in it, and was used as the OEM tire by Tesla for a while, so it's a good performer. The Pirelli P Zero 4 is brand new and is meant to compete with the Pilot Sport 4S, that's probably the tire I'd choose if you couldn't wait.

Thanks so much for the info, It does help shed light on some of the things I could not understand. Like the foam insulation, I was wondering what ContiSilent is. :)

I can probably wait another month or two, but if I get desperate I may go with the Zero 4 just because of the higher threadwear rating. I have the Conti DW tuned right now in 245/35/21 all around and it is worn out at 12.5K miles.