Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get wifi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My garage is too far from my apartment to get wifi, and there is no Starlink at my SC. So, I have to find creative ways to connect to wifi to get downloads. Of course, the Tesla wifi won't connect if there is any portal or ToS to agree to in order to access it. So, I need to find open, non-portal wifi for downloads. Common places like Starbucks, Best Buy etc. all have portals. Anyone else in this situation? Any ideas?

There are ways to get around the ToS portal issues. For one, you might try connecting and then using the car's Web browser; that might redirect to a ToS page and, once accepted, you should be good to go. Another approach is to use MAC spoofing on a laptop or cell phone to connect -- spoof the car's MAC address, connect and accept the ToS, then turn off the laptop or cell phone and connect with the car. This may work around the issue. Neither of these approaches is guaranteed to work, but they're worth trying.